WC Qualifers 2018 - Europe

khaled_a_d

lol. Hiddink must be laughing up his sleeve.

Double lol for the following statement by Blind: "We were on the right track. The result against Bulgaria in my opinion was an incident. I put in all the effort I could. It pains me to see it has to end here."

Who do you think will be the new coach?

Messi983

I've heard that F. De Boer, Van Gaal and Rijkaard are among the favourites. Koeman was also mentioned but don't think he'd leave Everton.

Also, we sucked big time on Sunday. Scotland could have scored 3 or 4 goals easily.

Windhook

Officially Frank Rijkaard retired completely from football last year, it was unofficial since 2013.

The Netherlands are going through a period in which they have to rebuild their squad and stop calling legends Robben and Sneijder. They are done for their country.

As a Bulgarian I didn't enjoy much this 2-0 win over Holland. First of all, because, I'm a big fan of Dutch football and second - it was obvious they were to underestimate the Bulgarian squad, not that I expected such convincing win. Anyway I still think the second position will be contested between the Netherlands and Sweden. Bulgarian football's been dead for about a decade now and we are only beginning to develop some young talents. Long, long way to go.

El Flaco

Yeah, I'm not sure why Deschamps prefer him over someone like Dembélé tbh.

But I won't complain over that decision, lol.

Hope I didn't jinx because of it.

And Umtiti benched for Varane.

We have players like Dembele, Mbappe, Coman, Martial, Lacazette, so Deschamps plays Giroud and Sissoko.

El Flaco

Few days ago, Deschamps openly said Varane is ahead of Umtiti in the pecking order

Raphael is a bit ahead of Samuel, he has been with us since I am a coach, he has more important international experience than Samuel.

It's also important to note who can play better with Laurent Koscienly.

I'm going to take a look at how Varane is feeling, not psychologically, which is probably really good, but from a physical point of view.

https://www.terra.es/deportes/futbo...716f131efa6ddc9c3ca7ce8e49c7c46fvmlgy5ub.html

xXKonan

Umtiti won't be a starter until Koscienly retires.

Varane-Umtiti will be the Pique-Ramos of France, but without the banter.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
France not going to win the WC with Deschamps' tactics and duds in the lineup.

xXKonan

France has incredible depth that is full of talented players but Deschamps won't take advantage of it. He's a stubborn dude who clearly has his favorites, and his tactics are very ridged.

Hell it took Rami getting suspended for one match and Mathieu and Varane getting injured before Umtiti got his chance and Umtiti didn't even make the final squad. and he was considered one of the best CB's in France that season.

El Flaco

France has incredible depth that is full of talented players but Deschamps won't take advantage of it. He's a stubborn dude who clearly has his favorites, and his tactics are very ridged.

Hell it took Rami getting suspended for one match and Mathieu and Varane getting injured before Umtiti got his chance and Umtiti didn't even make the final squad. and he was considered one of the best CB's in France that season.

Also, Mammadou Sakho missed Euro 2016 when he got a ban for failed drugs test (which was latter dismissed by UEFA).

Umtiti was really lucky for making into the final squad tbh.

Home of Barca Fans