User Tag List

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018 - European Qualifiers

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Netherlands looking pretty good against France. Hope we can keep this progress going.

Best midfielder around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teams like the Faroe Islands, Andorra, Gibraltar, Luxembourg, San Marino, Liechtenstein etc. should all be in one group together. Most of the players on these teams don't even play professionally, ffs. They work in grocery stores and whatnot. Probably great if your a striker that wants to pad your stats, but just annoying for most other people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    Teams like the Faroe Islands, Andorra, Gibraltar, Luxembourg, San Marino, Liechtenstein etc. should all be in one group together. Most of the players on these teams don't even play professionally, ffs. They work in grocery stores and whatnot. Probably great if your a striker that wants to pad your stats, but just annoying for most other people.
    The EU is the worst for that, ultimate stat padding. Ronaldo has 25 of his 65 goals against these type of teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really surprised about the talent in the netherland team. jannsen looks like the new van nistelroy. a striker type i really love.
    i must admit i did not know the most of them..

it is crazy how such a small country can always produce so much talent over the years. on the other hand turkey with a population of ca. 80 million can not even field a proper eleven. in addition most of them were born and educated outside of turkey. trash germany didn't want.. well.. i am glad i don't care about international football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic performance by my Bulgaria against Sweden! Where we were in the 90ties, where we are now...
    Yes, now we haven't some star players like in the past, but this lack of desire and will is just terrible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitan Puyol View Post
    Actually Miroslav (Ciro) Blazevic's greatest success was in World Cup 1998, when his Croatia finished in 3rd place, hardly eliminated in the semifinals by the host and champion later - France. Croatian users here can say more about it.
    Now he is old but no question a great manager.

No doubt he's a great manager. I've mentioned his latest success with BiH but you're right, that major success with Croatia in 98' is unforgettable. Ciro said in a recent interview that people from Kosovo were already calling him on the phone and congratulating him on the new job.... but no official contacts so far with the Federation or anything, still only rumors circulating around. Let's see what happens till spring.

Ciro knows the mentality of the people in Kosovo and knows how to deal with them. He also coached Pristina FC in the Yugoslavian league and saved them from being relegated in one of the seasons. Kosovars adore him and he would not be considered a foreign coach if he joins the Kosovo NT.

Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my, Belgium scores in 7 seconds...yes, it's Gibraltar, but, c'mon, you can't give up a goal with a terrible kickoff back pass.
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **

Estonian Culé
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Estonia played very well against Greece, shame that we couldn't score in the 1st half, it could have been so different. We have done so well since that new manager took over. Really like our style of play, we could probably have a shot at Euro 2020 if we get lucky with the group and continue this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be interesting how tonights game goes with Rooney finally benched.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England not looking good.

I'm surprised that we neutralise them that good so far. We had two chances in one minute, really a shame that we didn't score. I think Bezjak should try to dribble past Hart and then Kurtić was just unlucky. Hopefully we can get at least a point.

Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    And then winner of that group should qualify for WC or what? BTW, Luxembourg got a point yesterday against Belarus and they also only lose for a goal against Bulgaria and Sweden in their previous two games. And Andorra only lost 1-2 against Switzerland yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBernie View Post
    Oh my, Belgium scores in 7 seconds...yes, it's Gibraltar, but, c'mon, you can't give up a goal with a terrible kickoff back pass.
    It was hilarious, Benteke almost looks embarrased for it being so easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1-1 against San freakin Marino so far, the fuck?

Best midfielder around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too bad. At least we aren't losing. 1 point, ey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norway 2 -1 San Marino.

It's 10 minutes left until the game ends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    I'm surprised that we neutralise them that good so far. We had two chances in one minute, really a shame that we didn't score. I think Bezjak should try to dribble past Hart and then Kurtić was just unlucky. Hopefully we can get at least a point.
    Well, we could win but just too many missed opportunities and some great saves from Hart. Still happy with 4 points from two games as I didn't really expect much after the negative atmosphere around the team last week.