WC Qualifers 2018 - Europe

Turson

It's funny how teams like Serbia and Poland reach the World Cup playing in joke groups. I wish Bulgaria had such opponents. Fortuna!:lol:

Poland is really decent team though. And dont tell me that Bulgaria would just walk over teams like Denmark and Montenegro.
They are likely more talented than anybody but just don’t play as a team.
Yeah, thats true. Right now France has the strongest squad, but teamwork is their problem. Somehow, I think that Zidane could be ideal coach for them.

Last edited:

Morten

What determines the position on the table if you have equal points, h2h or gd?
And what about 2nd places, do all of them have to play play-offs?

Last edited:

Yannik

I'm not yet sold on them. Spain, Germany and Brazil are picked favourites because of the terrific football they play, France is just there because of the many decent players it has. It's not greatly different than Argentina or the Netherlands in previous years. They did little of note beside one time scraping a more or less gifted victory over us with a meh performance. Their defence looks ok, but they have the supposedly best attack in Europe, yet can barely score any goals or play exciting football.

I guess there's still 8 months to fix stuff, but if the World Cup was played today, then I don't think it'd be more than a Quarterfinal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, he makes so many stupid decisions.

Sweden playing well. In fact probably playing better without Zlatan. More fluid.

DonAK

Norway should be ashamed of themselves.

Look at Iceland and how well they are doing with less than half the resources. Sweden, Denmark. I bet even Finland is a better team.

Morten

Yeah, he makes so many stupid decisions.

Sweden playing well. In fact probably playing better without Zlatan. More fluid.

All this time i thought the only thing seperated Norway and Sweden was the fact that they had an actual striker, a great one at that.
Its depressing that even without Zlatan, Sweden is proving to be miles better than us.

DonAK

All this time i thought the only thing seperated Norway and Sweden was the fact that they had an actual striker, a great one at that.
Its depressing that even without Zlatan, Sweden is proving to be miles better than us.

Guidetti is better than any of Norway's strikers. Forsberg is a better midfielder than every single of them. Lindelöf better than every CB. Toivonen, Larsson.

They have several players who are levels above.

The truth is that Sweden, Denmark and now Iceland have a much better footballing setup with proper coaches from a young age.

You know what Norway are suffering from? Anglophilia.

Always copied England who are no good themselves, although getting better recently putting more emphasis on technical skills too.

Morten

Guidetti is better than any of Norway's strikers. Forsberg is a better midfielder than every single of them. Lindelöf better than every CB. Toivonen, Larsson.

They have several players who are levels above.

The truth is that Sweden, Denmark and now Iceland have a much better footballing setup with proper coaches from a young age.

You know what Norway are suffering from? Anglophilia.

Always copied England who are no good themselves, although getting better recently putting more emphasis on technical skills too.

I dont know much about Guidetti, i just assumed that Sweden were around the same level as us without their super striker, but thats clearly not the case.
Norway sure is suffering from anglophilia, but i would say that they have made a transition to more technical players, doesnt seem to have helped much.
I guess we are just that bad, huh?

Home of Barca Fans