WC Qualifers 2018 - Europe

Windhook

Miracle stuff by Iceland! They are 95% through.

Group I

Don't lose hope! Croatia still has chances of reaching the play-offs, they need to draw against Ukraine, one the strongest home teams in the group.

It's funny how teams like Serbia and Poland reach the World Cup playing in joke groups. I wish Bulgaria had such opponents. Fortuna!:lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We played bad, again. Rakitic is a disaster. A pub player, only without heart.

Modric was doing his best in his 100th cap but he can't do much on his own.

Match in Ukraine will be so 1997 when we also had to play them in a deciding match for World Cup qualifiers.

dakt

Iceland :worthy:

Croatia - when the best shooter is Modric, you know our attack is for shit. We are overrated.

Morten

Croatia can get in via play-offs, i hope Iceland win their group.
Its actuallly looking really rosy for them, facing the bottom team in the group in the last match, unlike Croatia who meets Ukraine.

Yannik

I also like the SA qualifiers, especially this year. But I feel like the great downside is that it takes a big chuck out of the Copa America later, due to it's rather repetetive fixtures. I can never really get excited about the Copas, because I miss the variety of teams a little. It's also why I like the World Cup so much. (aside from us never not reaching the semi finals).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I also like the SA qualifiers, especially this year. But I feel like the great downside is that it takes a big chuck out of the Copa America later, due to it's rather repetetive fixtures. I can never really get excited about the Copas, because I miss the variety of teams a little. It's also why I like the World Cup so much. (aside from us never not reaching the semi finals).

I think the problem is the frequency of the Copa America.

For me at least.

I think UEFA should do something about the European qualifiers to make it more exciting and meaningful.

Windhook

San Marino definitely has no place in the Group stages. Their players celebrate like crazy each goal, like they've won the World Cup. They score about once in three years.

I believe UEFA should introduce an initial knock-out phase for mini nations like San Marino, Gibraltar, Andorra, Liechtenstein. The system is applied in North American, African and Asian qualifiers.

raskolnikov

San Marino definitely has no place in the Group stages. Their players celebrate like crazy each goal, like they've won the World Cup. They score about once in three years.

I believe UEFA should introduce an initial knock-out phase for mini nations like San Marino, Gibraltar, Andorra, Liechtenstein. The system is applied in North American, African and Asian qualifiers.
Definitly, the likes of lewa and Ronaldo pad their stats against these minnows who countries crush 8-0. Its pointless and their should be a ko round beforehand like you said.

Home of Barca Fans