WC Qualifers 2018 - Europe

JerseyAddict

Will hardly have rest and have to travel so it could be tough. If we play like today Turkey is very much in with a shot.

We will play diferently in turkey. They own us a lot for that Euro defeat. We can never repay enough. Lots of players were there playing that match. I don't wory so much for Turkey as for Ukraine.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Sampaoli knows how to play tournaments and win so Argentina might be up there if they improve. Belgium has no chance.
If they qualify in the first place? Argentina has zero chances to make it big this time, not even for reaching the final stages like last 3 years! Messi 2 years older than last summer - Whole lot of other national teams improving considerably - Poor mid field - The choke maestros who are epitome of selfishness still given incredible importance in the team!

There's just no way!!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I honestly think there are seven contenders for the world cup. For me France are my tip but there is Spain, Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Belgium and one from Portugal/Chile/Italy.

For me it's the most open world cup of modern times.

I think Argentina will have a hard time qualifying for the WC, let alone winning it. Out of the question for me. Belgium stands no chance either. Portugal would have to pull another miracle with Ronaldo scoring in every game. Chile? Might not even qualify.

JamDav1982

I think Argentina will have a hard time qualifying for the WC, let alone winning it. Out of the question for me. Belgium stands no chance either. Portugal would have to pull another miracle with Ronaldo scoring in every game. Chile? Might not even qualify.

Argentina will definitely qualify.

International football is more about how the players are moulded into a team than the individuals involved.

If Sampaoli can get a system going they have a chance.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Argentina always struggles in qualifiers but in tournament mode are a different beast.

El Flaco

The match clock is at 77th minute mark, but it's still 0-0 between France and Luxembourg.

Don't want to jinx, but it be hilarious if Luxembourg actually manage to draw.

xXKonan

For all the talent France has they have been underwhelming.

fair credit to Luxembourg though, they have defended well and frustrated france.

BerkeleyBernie

Belgium first European team to qualify.

Greece was their typical stupefyingly boring self, 4-4-2 bunker deep. That said, Belgium's starting lineup was devoid of ideas how to crack them. Glad to see Dembele and Carrasco subbed off, looked more lively with Hazard and Chadli on.

Polish ref team was pretty poor, allowed far too much overly physical play. Though not biased, it tended to favor Belgium.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans