Carles Perez

fergus90

He deserves more chances but ultimately he will play more elsewhere so for the sake of his own career development a loan move might be best.

He will never improve if he's reduced to one cameo every 2 months where he's expected to pull up trees and if he doesn't he's back to the bench.

It seems Fati's initial impact has secured him a regular place in the squad at Perez's expense and Setien will experiment with more B players now to fill the other void.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Why the fuck would he do that when Dembele is still out and Suarez is injured for 4 months? Unusual treatment of a guy who always works so hard on the pitch.

Decision bothers me and frankly consistent with how Bartomeu has managed the cantera players. With Suarez out and Dembele yet to ever to demonstrate he can stay healthy, we are discarding one of our own when he has delivered wonderfully on many appearances this season. Even Fati is not a true winger, meaning only Dembele will be

Sporting wise, again, we are absolutely run by idiots

raki

[Di Marzio] Agreement between Roma and Barcelona for Carles Perez; Loan with a mandatory purchase clause at 13 million euros. In the next few hours Roma will finish contract negotiations.

Devils

For 13m it's a no brainer.

I'd rather sell this guy now than him follow the route of Munir/Deulofeu/Rafinha/Dos Santos etc.. and basically waste away at Barca after initial youth hype dies down

We have to start selling these players who were are certain that don't have the talent level to make it Barca before they become deadweight like the players mentioned above and their market value diminishes.

Looks like Setien rates younger players like Collado higher than Perez, who knows, he might turn out to be a much better option than Perez.

MTL_Barca

Would be a bit weird to sell a winger in the current situation but in the long run he probably won't have a chance to succeed at Barca so if there is a good offer it might be the best for both sides to accept it now.

Messi983

I was never too impressed with Perez. If we can really get 13m for him it's a good deal. He might make a solid career but I doubt he would ever make it here. Even Roma is probably too big club for him right now.

Though to be fair, I'll only believe Perez going to Roma when officially confirmed. Januzaj is their main target and they are negotiating with Sociedad for days so Roma could just use Perez as a leverage.

About Collado: he is playing well for Barça B and deserves a chance. He's a CM converted to a winger this season by Pimienta (because we didn't have a RW in Barça B after Perez was promoted to the first team) and good at keeping possession so it's easy to see why Setien would prefer him over Perez. He's still far from a finished product though so he should stay and play regularly for Barça B and only be called up for Copa games or when Setien will give him some minutes.

Alik

It's not about him being good enough long term. It's the timing of this move which is weird.

Looks like Fati will be the permanent third forward now.

Messi983

Perez was our 6th forward option under EV behind Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Dembele (until he got hurt) and Fati.

Now under Setien he would again be our 6th option after we'll bring Rodrigo (I know people don't like him but I think we'll get him). So Messi, Griezmann, Rodrigo, Fati and now it seems Collado will all be ahead of Perez.

He has played 70 total minutes in the league since September after we got Suarez and Messi back from their injuries. And Setien probably also saw enough of him in 60 minutes against Ibiza (though it's unfair to judge him based on this game when the whole team was bad) and more importantly in trainings to see that he likes Collado more.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The absolutely unreliable Dembele remains the only true winger in the squad with the departure of Perez

Home of Barca Fans