User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Marco Asensio

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That shot was something I've seen executed only by Bobby Charlton on b&w footage from the 60's.

I don't think he is raw anymore. That's what he is - great hard accurate shots. In my eyes he is set to become Raul's successor, although Ascensio lacks some of the technique the Real Madrid legend had.

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    That shot was something I've seen executed only by Bobby Charlton on b&w footage from the 60's.

I don't think he is raw anymore. That's what he is - great hard accurate shots. In my eyes he is set to become Raul's successor, although Ascensio lacks some of the technique the Real Madrid legend had.
    Very difficult to do what he does at that frequency. Only gifted people have this sort of accuracy in striking the ball from outside the box at this age. It's important to cultivate that confidence to make use of it, but at the same time the team and supporters see through it, because it is quite superficial. He's got this long, lean athlete body, very much suited for counters - see 3rd goal vs Barca this year or how he starts off the counter yesterday. ATM it's hard to pinpoint his exact strengths apart from that. His crossing isn't anywhere near to comparable to the top crossers in Europe like Marcelo, Eriksen, Pogba or even Azpi, and his decisions aren't always the best either. Numerous times this season he's fucked up like a rookie by not laying it off to a better positioned teammate. The best comparison I can think of right now is Gerrard if you imagine him as a dynamic winger as opposed to a central role. And at this rate within 2 seasons he'll defo be a more accomplished player than Stevie ever was
    Last edited by Wolfe; 6th November 2017 at 09:38 AM.
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Very difficult to do what he does at that frequency. Only gifted people have this sort of accuracy in striking the ball from outside the box at this age. It's important to cultivate that confidence to make use of it, but at the same time the team and supporters see through it, because it is quite superficial. He's got this long, lean athlete body, very much suited for counters - see 3rd goal vs Barca this year or how he starts off the counter yesterday. ATM it's hard to pinpoint his exact strengths apart from that. His crossing isn't anywhere near to comparable to the top crossers in Europe like Marcelo, Eriksen, Pogba or even Azpi, and his decisions aren't always the best either. Numerous times this season he's fucked up like a rookie by not laying it off to a better positioned teammate. The best comparison I can think of right now is Gerrard if you imagine him as a dynamic winger as opposed to a central role.
    You just named all the reasons why Zidane doesn't feature Asensio regularly in the lineup. He is crowd-pleaser, no doubt, but he fucks up the game plan when it's not about counter attacks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymessi View Post
    They do? No mainstream ones though?
    Their biggest forum is probably on BigSoccer, but even that's tiny compared to this place and that's saying something because even this forum is pretty small.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    Their biggest forum is probably on BigSoccer, but even that's tiny compared to this place and that's saying something because even this forum is pretty small.
    Managingmadrid.com
    Romans 1:19-20
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Beast started a Real Madrid forum if I am not wrong. He stopped visiting here after he got busy with maintaining that forum

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    Managingmadrid.com
    That's not a traditional forum.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    Managingmadrid.com
    Dead af

Quote Originally Posted by Ousmane Dembélé View Post
    Yep agreed. But I have no qualms with barcaforum being small relatively. Too much crowd sucks anyway. But weird RM has no mainstream forum when every big club has one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest Real Madrid forum I've found awhile ago.

https://fororealmadrid.com/index.php...f27eeebbe3363a

But it's a spanish forum but still the biggest one I've come across in general when it comes to Real.