Marco Asensio

Morten

Milking penalties like prime CR7 out there :)
Tbh, i dont see why he needs to roll around so much after a challenge though, kinda embarassing.

Last edited:

serghei

Milking penalties like prime CR7 out there :)
Tbh, i dont see why he needs to roll around so much after a challenge though, kinda embarassing.

True, I could maybe understand that in the past when you had to sort of 'sell' the foul to the ref to give a pen. But now, with VAR, fouls can easily be spotted even if the ref doesn't see it or something like that. No need to do 8 rolls on the ground.

ASordidGod

How good do people think he'll become? I haven't seen loads but when I have I haven't been blown away. Good shot, technically pretty good, but a bit slow. Certainly I don't see that he has the potential to be amongst the very best. Maybe I'm biased, particularly as he hasn't set the world on fire either, but I'd take Dembele over him every time.

El Gato

Villarato!
How good do people think he'll become? I haven't seen loads but when I have I haven't been blown away. Good shot, technically pretty good, but a bit slow. Certainly I don't see that he has the potential to be amongst the very best. Maybe I'm biased, particularly as he hasn't set the world on fire either, but I'd take Dembele over him every time.

He CAN be world class, but needs to have that 2-3 month period of consistently tearing it up, just like Isco did. Even one off great performances against top sides won't help him. What he needs is that first 15-15 season. But no rush, doesn't have to be this season, can be next.

Joan

He will be world class, I believe. Maybe not top 3 player in the world, but he's amazing.

Fancy him to succeed. One of Madrid players I like.

ASordidGod

He CAN be world class, but needs to have that 2-3 month period of consistently tearing it up, just like Isco did. Even one off great performances against top sides won't help him. What he needs is that first 15-15 season. But no rush, doesn't have to be this season, can be next.

Yeah there was that spell, I think it was last season, where it felt like he was scoring a worldie every game. Then I didn't hear much for a little while, so I was curious. Like I say, from the little I've observed, I haven't that impressed, certainly not awed, but I will admit I do favour a very specific kind of player, for example Isco, whom I'd be surprised if Asensio can surpass, based on the bits and pieces I've seen.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah there was that spell, I think it was last season, where it felt like he was scoring a worldie every game. Then I didn't hear much for a little while, so I was curious. Like I say, from the little I've observed, I haven't that impressed, certainly not awed, but I will admit I do favour a very specific kind of player, for example Isco, whom I'd be surprised if Asensio can surpass, based on the bits and pieces I've seen.

Asensio is 3x more direct, he's something Madrid need and that Isco doesn't provide. Isco in fact is evolving more and more towards the Modrić role, deeper, just like he played in that spell under Carlo where he played the Seedorf role fairly often. Marco can still be anything he wants to be. He likes shooting, he likes space in the middle, he likes late runs onto the cross, he shouldn't be glued to the wing anymore to play one-twos with Marcelo or playing the last pass to the striker. He ought to be the #10 Isco can't be for Madrid.

Raketa10

He is a very good player but Croatia was unbelievably bad today. Probably the worst game of Croatian NT team ever.

Home of Barca Fans