Marco Asensio

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nothing really happened. Just a while now since he scored a stunner. As soon as he hits one he is back to being the best talent in the world. That’s how it works for these long shot merchants. Reminds me a lot of James, actually.

James used to play well though. It's just that people overlooked that part of his game due to his shooting.

They're definitely missing James and Morata.

BarcaOG

Banned
i wouldnt count him out just yet..he's still so young. plus with BBC upfront for now his responsibilities are less than they will be in one or two seasons..

Horatio

You're welcome
i wouldnt count him out just yet..he's still so young. plus with BBC upfront for now his responsibilities are less than they will be in one or two seasons..

I am not counting him out. But in hindsight he was clearly overhyped for a while.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
James used to play well though. It's just that people overlooked that part of his game due to his shooting.

They're definitely missing James and Morata.

He used to defend quite a bit. Thing is he was far away from goal so he wasn't effective. His crosses were crisp as fuck though, I miss those.

El Gato

Villarato!
Dude could pass and shoot for sure. Nothing about him is overhyped, he's definitely still the most skilled left-footed player in the world only behind Messi. This is only viable in a team with direct approach, which Madrid has been moving away from ever since Bale stopped being a consistent option.

Stoichkov1

Dude could pass and shoot for sure. Nothing about him is overhyped, he's definitely still the most skilled left-footed player in the world only behind Messi. This is only viable in a team with direct approach, which Madrid has been moving away from ever since Bale stopped being a consistent option.

Did you forget Robben?

Stoichkov1

The guy that did nothing of note since that goal in 2013 besides getting a manager sacked? Even Bale is a better player in that period since and they’re both miles off in consistency compared to James.

Asensio isn't consistent at all.

Also saying that Robben did nothing since 2013 is laughable. He has always been Bayern's best or second best player during these years.

El Gato

Villarato!
Asensio isn't consistent at all.

Also saying that Robben did nothing since 2013 is laughable. He has always been Bayern's best or second best player during these years.

We’re talking about James and Bale, not Asensio...

Robbed is washed up beyond belief. Didn’t get on with managers who wanted him to adapt to a different style of play and become more of a support player than a cog in a machine. Doesn’t really matter what he’s done on a domestic front since then, Bayern was more ambitious since and he didn’t want to help them reach the goal so focused on stat padding as much as his body allowed him.

Stoichkov1

We’re talking about James and Bale, not Asensio...

Robbed is washed up beyond belief. Didn’t get on with managers who wanted him to adapt to a different style of play and become more of a support player than a cog in a machine. Doesn’t really matter what he’s done on a domestic front since then, Bayern was more ambitious since and he didn’t want to help them reach the goal so focused on stat padding as much as his body allowed him.

I don't understand how can you say that Asensio is the best left-footed player in the world after Messi when there are players like Bale, Robben, Griezmann or Dybala who are better and more consistent than him.

El Gato

Villarato!
I don't understand how can you say that Asensio is the best left-footed player in the world after Messi when there are players like Bale, Robben, Griezmann or Dybala who are better and more consistent than him.

For the last time - I was referring to James, as per Raed's previous post.

Trickykid

Dude, unless I'm missing something vital here, he's still talking about James and not Asensio.

Barca83

Banned

David Silva.....

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=22493]Stoichkov1[/MENTION], you didn't read.. colour me surprised mate, lol.

David Silva.....

Meh.

He's great now that he has the right system and an ever better player next to himself. Very prone to being non-factor for years on end, but dude contributes differently and was played deeper a lot.
James' gift for direct football never waned despite slumps in overall play, which usually came at the managerial crossroads in Madrid i.e. autumn 2015 onwards. He himself knows why he didn't get in the side in the past year a lot, he said so recently that he doesn't have hard feelings for Zidane.

Home of Barca Fans