Marco Asensio

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Everyone, Stop being so bitter.
Do you know how many great talented player opted to play for us instead of RM over these many years?
RM is a big and a very rich club, We can't always snub every talent from them under their nose, We'll win some, We'll lose some, That's the way it is.
Unless we lose a messi like player for them, Then there is no reason to be this mad, Let's hope our club at least learned from asensio mistake, And they'll do a better job in the future, There are always new talents popping up.
I would convince myself saying the same thing if their wage bill was much higher than us...... But in reality, it is the other way around! Our wage bill is much higher than that rich club's wage bill despite our bench being retarded and the buy-out clauses of our players are cringeworthy too!

Givenchy

Asensio is going to be a star and it feels worse than Isco to me. i didnt expect him to be this good so soon but its early days. all this hype over Mbappe and this guy flew under the radar. not sure how Zidane can justify starting Bale ahead of him anymore when Cristiano is back

vlad

Scores worldies like James, just more frequently. Quite the long shot merchant so far and that's giving him a lot of hype like it did with Pogba back in the days. Needs to develop more in other areas of the game.

Kid is pure talent and costed nothing these days, real have a star in the making

bastardo

He has the benefit of being in a stable, world class team. The hype seems to stem from the worldies he's scoring which admittedly is quite a decent amount for someone his age but his open plays are suprisingly quite average. Reminiscent of James, not to say James was not good but those worldies certainly help generate hype.

KingLeo10

it's easy to look good when you're in a well oiled machine. remember for much of 2015 when we were demolishing every team, rakitic looked to be of a similar class to modric. about that...

Lomar1o

it's easy to look good when you're in a well oiled machine. remember for much of 2015 when we were demolishing every team, rakitic looked to be of a similar class to modric. about that...

He doesn't just look good, he looks like their current best player good. In fact his good plays are overlooked precisely because of his long range worldies and because Benzema can't finish. Somehow Pogba's, Mbappe's, Dembele's hype is justified, but when it comes to Asensio he benefits from a good team? Bullshit. This kid is the real deal and I'm gutted that we missed out on him. He'll achieve legendary status unlike current promising young players

PhilS

This guy is already a fantastic offensive player. Not like James, not like other young Spanish players. Fantastic, like better than Bale or Benzema. Maybe right now the best RM player, which is saying a lot.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Shooting, passes, dribbling, speed...he got it all.

His short passing is leaves a bit more to be desired, and his crossing is no where near James'. But he is mobile and he plays very relaxed. With practice and game time he will improve.

He doesn't just look good, he looks like their current best player good. In fact his good plays are overlooked precisely because of his long range worldies and because Benzema can't finish. Somehow Pogba's, Mbappe's, Dembele's hype is justified, but when it comes to Asensio he benefits from a good team? Bullshit. This kid is the real deal and I'm gutted that we missed out on him. He'll achieve legendary status unlike current promising young players

Not sure how Pogba is mentioned in the same breath as the other three. One being he is already 24, one entire generation removed from Mbappe/Dembele/Asensio, and two, his body of work is vastly more proven than that of the other three. He actually has more than one good season in a Top 4 league. For all the banter about his price tag, you can't deny that the hype behind him has well been justified.

Which isn't to dispute the talent of the three youngsters, but Pogba, at this moment in time, has simply accomplished more.

Going back to Asensio, the kid is pure class and will only get better if he stays healthy and keeps a good head on his shoulders. RM got themselves one hell of a player and at an insane price as well. Their entire young core is looking phenomenal (at least on paper) and were all mostly purchased on the cheap. Credit to Perez for setting themselves well in the future for a smooth transition.

Home of Barca Fans