Josep Maria Bartomeu is elected President

BBZ8800

Sure, but cantera is our foundation, our roots. Nobody expects us to field an all-La Masia starting XI, but we simply can't let it deteriorate further.

Again, I don't mean anything bad, but that is a myth created in the last 7-8-10 years.

When I watched Barca in 1996' or 1999', nobody was ever mentioning La Masia or how La Masia is our roots.
Our roots back then was:
1. buy 1-2 world class Brasilian superstars like Ronaldo or Rivaldo
2. buy 100s of Dutch players
3. play total/possession/beautiful/attacking football
= that was more or less it. Those were our roots back then.

I think I figured out what exactly is La Masia only in early 2000s.
My point is, no one was talking La Masia in the past, no one was saying that La Masia is the best school in the world, and no one was saying that La Masia is our roots.

That myth was created when we had that golden 87-88' generation a few years ago and now too many people think that it was like that since always.

Except in those glory years, honestly La Masia was pretty crap, more or less always.

BBZ8800

Also if it wasnt for messi bart would most likely be in the dole queue this morning

But if it didn't have Messi, we would probably have only titles from 1992 and 2006 today.

I don't like Barto, but Messi is Barca and Messi turned us into the best club of the last decade.
Before Messi, we were good, but something like Chelsea-Juventus-Man. City good.
Not the best team in Europe, but something like 4th or 5th club in Europe.

It is slightly unfair to take something from Barto, because more or less, Messi helped to all of our presidents and without him it is extremely questionable how our trophy cabinet would look like after 2006'.

frog-fcb

I dont mean it in a bad way but messi and the rest of the team really knoced it up another gear in the second part of the season leading us to three titles. Would bartomeu have got as many votes if it wasnt for the treble last season that achievement seems to have carpeted over a lot of the bad in his regime

Galning

The board was considering selling Messi last season so I don't see why this is funny.

Also, just because La Masia was only successful in the last decade or so that doesn't mean we have to totally neglect it now like Bartomeu has done and only use it as a cashflow. Selling youthplayers shouldn't become "our thing" and it kinda disgusts me.

Wavy

But if it didn't have Messi, we would probably have only titles from 1992 and 2006 today.

I don't like Barto, but Messi is Barca and Messi turned us into the best club of the last decade.
Before Messi, we were good, but something like Chelsea-Juventus-Man. City good.
Not the best team in Europe, but something like 4th or 5th club in Europe.

It is slightly unfair to take something from Barto, because more or less, Messi helped to all of our presidents and without him it is extremely questionable how our trophy cabinet would look like after 2006'.

I think it's unfair to take away the merits of the other players. Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, and Busuquets were also the cornerstone of those teams. If Messi had other players (less talented?) he probably wouldn't have won that many trophies.
The board was considering selling Messi last season so I don't see why this is funny.

Also, just because La Masia was only successful in the last decade or so that doesn't mean we have to totally neglect it now like Bartomeu has done and only use it as a cashflow. Selling youthplayers shouldn't become "our thing" and it kinda disgusts me.

I think the issue with academy players is one of both luck and patience. Some players will make it and some won't. Sometimes 3-4 at a time will make it, like it was the case with Bayern (Mueller, Badstuber, Alaba, and to some degree Contento) or your very own Iniesta and Xavi.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Now Bartomeu has won, I hope all socios, Culés etc. rally behind him.

I think it was Benedito that predicted yesterday after the defeat that he sees that socios and Baca establishment being further divided and separated and potentially engulfing in some sort of infighting, this is deeply worrying. If this happens, it will surely weaken us for years and Real Madrid will come out as the biggest winner.

CatalinR10

giphy.gif

F

Flavia

Now Bartomeu has won, I hope all socios, Culés etc. rally behind him.

I think it was Benedito that predicted yesterday after the defeat that he sees that socios and Baca establishment being further divided and separated and potentially engulfing in some sort of infighting, this is deeply worrying. If this happens, it will surely weaken us for years and Real Madrid will come out as the biggest winner.

I don't think that will happen.

Home of Barca Fans