Josep Maria Bartomeu is elected President

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Bartomeu matured a lot since Rosell left and we can only hope he and his board do well.

spark

Interesting how history comes full circle.Nearly 55 % also elected Gaspart after Núñez resigned. I have my doubts but hopefully this particular chapter ends better than that for the club's sake.

Morten

In the end, it doesnt matter who is president. Barca will keep on winning doubles/trebles every year anyway.

mazp

As long as MSN are fit and on form we will always be favorites. But, I think with the congested schedule early in season we might have a slow start, plus rotations, etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As long as MSN are fit and on form we will always be favorites. But, I think with the congested schedule early in season we might have a slow start, plus rotations, etc.

We need to think long term and make sure we are still that competitive once Messi retires. Suarez is not getting any younger either.

La Masia needs to be rebuilt/revamped to make sure we will still churn out top quality talent.

FC B

At least we won't buy Pogba right away, as Laporta promised.
At least something good :lol:

And also we won't rely heavily on la masia as Laporta promised which is by any shadow of a doubt a great thing.

Barca cannot compete against the likes of rm, psg, citeh, and so forth mainly with cantera players unless they continuously produce youths of 24 carat which is obviously not the case on a regular basis.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And also we won't rely heavily on la masia as Laporta promised which is by any shadow of a doubt a great thing.

Barca cannot compete against the likes of rm, psg, citeh, and so forth mainly with cantera players unless they continuously produce youths of 24 carat which is obviously not the case on a regular basis.

Sure, but cantera is our foundation, our roots. Nobody expects us to field an all-La Masia starting XI, but we simply can't let it deteriorate further.

mazp

We need to think long term and make sure we are still that competitive once Messi retires. Suarez is not getting any younger either.

La Masia needs to be rebuilt/revamped to make sure we will still churn out top quality talent.

I agree about La Masia. I was just talking about the here and now. I think we have at least one more CL win in the Messi era, before it's over.

Yannik

What makes you think that he is planning with La Masia anyway? I mean there are countless talents hanging out in Barca's youth ranks and the first thing he does is rubbing some overpriced french midfielder into their faces to make it even harder to ever see first team action. And the fact that he is considering "buying overpriced french midfielders" as an option this season means that he will consider it as an option the other years aswell.

FC B

Sure, but cantera is our foundation, our roots. Nobody expects us to field an all-La Masia starting XI, but we simply can't let it deteriorate further.

Agreed but the only way Barca can prevent La Masia from going down further is to produce very very good prospects for the first team which imo is very hard to accomplish in a constant manner yet surely not impossible.

Barca must mix it idealy part from academy and part from well thought transfers even if expensive.
What makes you think that he is planning with La Masia anyway? I mean there are countless talents hanging out in Barca's youth ranks and the first thing he does is rubbing some overpriced french midfielder into their faces to make it even harder to ever see first team action. And the fact that he is considering "buying overpriced french midfielders" as an option this season means that he will consider it as an option the other years aswell.

His own statements.
Pogba manouver was imo a purely tactical move, he knew it could win him votes.

Great talents don't necessarely result in great players and there are tons of examples, it is indeed very difficult to rely massively on cantera when you are the best club in the world in the last decade, by far.... If Barca was an Ajax like club it would have been a completely different scenario.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans