Pre-season: International Champions Cup

i_bleed_blaugrana

I know its friendlies , but the youngsters in this squad just aint good enough , none of them are going to be stars of the future

Yeah, outside of Samper, Sandro and Rafinha, I don't see a lot to be excited about from our youngsters.

I'll give them a pass against UTD and Chelsea but there is no excuse to losing to Fiorentina.

Yeah, outside of Samper, Sandro and Rafinha, I don't see a lot to be excited about from our youngsters.

I'll give them a pass against UTD and Chelsea but there is no excuse to losing to Fiorentina.

Sorry but i don't see any of those three turning into stars of the future either.
If we had to go through this year relying on them we would win nothing.

Horatio

You're welcome
Is it me or were they kind of overdoing the long crossballs? Having counter football as an element in our play is great for diversity but it shouldn't become predominant.
Is there reason to fear Barcelona will lose its build-up play that was such a defining characteristic of their style and philosophy?
I hope Luis Enrique is not planning on turning Barca into Real.

Ofcourse Messi and Neymar were missing who are crucial links in the build-up.

Then again, these matches could just as well be utilised to experiment with different tactics and giving new players some playing time.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Gumbau getting so many minutes is really weird. It'd be funny if he has a promotion clause for this season on his contract.

frog-fcb

Pre season positives
roberto can do a decent enough job as cover for rb
vermaelen come through without any injuries an put in some decent performances
rafinha pedro an suarez all did pretty good

Negatives
8 goals coneded in 4 games
bartra
how toothless we look without messi neymar an co

SeloBarca

Yet, there will be alot of posts about not selling youngsters to get better players.
La Masia is not a well of golden talents. We got lucky with one generation.
Even Rafinha is extremly inconsistant and make horrenodus games 50% of the time and only shines once every 10th game against bad teams.

I would rather make some money out of our youthplayers and only pick the diamonds. Samper is the only one i would keep, and one of Munir/Sandro/Adama.

Barcilliant

I think we are suffering a severe hangover from last season. Not good enough.
The youngsters are very average indeed. They're good enough for Stoke but not Barça.

Yet, there will be alot of posts about not selling youngsters to get better players.
La Masia is not a well of golden talents. We got lucky with one generation.
Even Rafinha is extremly inconsistant and make horrenodus games 50% of the time and only shines once every 10th game against bad teams.

I would rather make some money out of our youthplayers and only pick the diamonds. Samper is the only one i would keep, and one of Munir/Sandro/Adama.

Chelsea isn't exactly a bad team. Point me to the "Horrenodus" games Rafinha has had? He had 2 games which his positioning along side Iniesta was suspect but that doesn't match up to your description of him being extremely inconsistent.

Barcilliant

I used to think Batra would make it but not anymore.
He should be sold asap but we wouldn't get more then 5 million for him.

Lomar1o

I used to think Batra would make it but not anymore.
He should be sold asap but we wouldn't get more then 5 million for him.

i still have faith in him. dont write him off just yet. we should keep him this season. i hope he proves us wrong

Home of Barca Fans