La Liga 2015/2016

Who will win La Liga this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really liked this schedule, hardest teams will be faced in earlier rounds when we're fresh. If we lead until the beginning of 2nd half of the league, then we're good to get another LL. :barcascarf:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
First I would like to say 2 things :

Congrats to Bilbao for winning the Spanish Supercup , they completely deserved it and I am happy for them that such a great club won a trohpy after being trophyless for so long. I was also happy that Barcelona showed sprirt and belief in the second leg even after a 4-0 loss , really happy how Barcelona played.

While I do know That a big club like Barcelona needs to have a much better bench and depth than what we have , I really find it mysterious how we had to play the first leg of the Spanish supercup after just playing against Sevilla 2 days ago. As you all know Real madrid won in 2013/2014 The CL and the CdR which meant that they also had the chance to win the European Supercup and the Spanish Supercup. You could say they were in the same situation as us.

Here are their and our results:

Real's results

12/08/2014 Real Madrid 2-0 Sevilla
19/08/2014 Real Madrid 1-1 Atlético Madrid
22/08/2014 Atletico Madrid 1-0 Real Madrid

Barca's results

11/08/2015 Barcelona 5-4 Sevilla
14/08/2015 Bilbao 4-0 Barcelona
17/08/2015 Barcelona 1-1 Bilbao

So I am sitting here wondering what the difference is between this year and last year. It's the exact same scenario , the LL is beginning on the same date but Barcelona was allowed to rest 2 days between the Sevilla game while Real had a 1 week rest. We could have easily played the first leg on Saturday and the second leg on Tuesday. Is there a logical explanation or I am just missing something that's really obvious ?

Last edited:

Badger

Can see this being the closest Liga title race in a long time. Sevilla and Valencia are two great teams that will fancy their chances if they can start well and Atletico Madrid have done some great business and kept a hold of most of their best players.

It definitely won't be a two horse race.

barcanuck

First I would like to say 2 things :

Congrats to Bilbao for winning the Spanish Supercup , they completely deserved it and I am happy for them that such a great club won a trohpy after being trophyless for so long. I was also happy that Barcelona showed sprirt and belief in the second leg even after a 4-0 loss , really happy how Barcelona played.

While I do know That a big club like Barcelona needs to have a much better bench and depth than what we have , I really find it mysterious how we had to play the first leg of the Spanish supercup after just playing against Sevilla 2 days ago. As you all know Real madrid won in 2013/2014 The CL and the CdR which meant that they also had the chance to win the European Supercup and the Spanish Supercup. You could say they were in the same situation as us.

Here are their and our results:

Real's results

12/08/2014 Real Madrid 2-0 Sevilla
19/08/2014 Real Madrid 1-1 Atlético Madrid
22/08/2014 Atletico Madrid 1-0 Real Madrid

Barca's results

11/08/2015 Barcelona 5-4 Sevilla
14/08/2015 Bilbao 4-0 Barcelona
17/08/2015 Barcelona 1-1 Bilbao

So I am sitting here wondering what the difference is between this year and last year. It's the exact same scenario , the LL is beginning on the same date but Barcelona was allowed to rest 2 days between the Sevilla game while Real had a 1 week rest. We could have easily played the first leg on Saturday and the second leg on Tuesday. Is there a logical explanation or I am just missing something that's really obvious ?

It's called making sure we don't win every damn trophy in Spain.

Beast

The Observer
Atletico Madrid will give us both a run for our money... Vietto,Jackson on top of what they have.. Luis to fill in the weak left back spot of last season and the two Torres .. Oliver back in the midfield and Fernando Torres having his second season & proper pre-season with them ... add to them Yannick Carrasco who i rate highly and watched him rock with my home town team the last couple of years...

Be ware of Simeone this year.. could be another 2013/2014

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pedro to chelsea. Kova to Real. Pique 4 match banned. 3 difficult matches in that 4 matches. Bad news after bad news.

Andrew M

Atletico Madrid will give us both a run for our money... Vietto,Jackson on top of what they have.. Luis to fill in the weak left back spot of last season and the two Torres .. Oliver back in the midfield and Fernando Torres having his second season & proper pre-season with them ... add to them Yannick Carrasco who i rate highly and watched him rock with my home town team the last couple of years...

Be ware of Simeone this year.. could be another 2013/2014

I've seen a bit of Carrasco, but not as much as you. You think he's the real deal?

F

Flavia

[tw]634037979477078017[/tw]

[tw]634047100519600128[/tw]

According to cadena cope, this is because of a demand from vdb, as he wants spanish players to have extra days of preparation before the euros.

Calendar changed again :lol:

Beast

The Observer
I've seen a bit of Carrasco, but not as much as you. You think he's the real deal?

He is an excellent dribbler... the type who would dribble past you than would fancy coming back to take you down again for the fun of it..especially the Zidanesque roulette move he do it a lot
he has excellent pace and probably would be the first outlet for Simeone plan when they counter attack... a game of catch me if you can from his defensive box to the opponent box

his problem is the lack of final touch whether it's an assist or scoring he lacks that but if Simeone can make him more effective he has a better Griezmann on his ranks... in any case even without that just after adapting (probably he will he has Spanish & Portuguese blood in him ) he will give any Fullback a run for their money...could be the deal of the season in la liga .. i really fear Atletico this year

Andrew M

He is an excellent dribbler... the type who would dribble past you than would fancy coming back to take you down again for the fun of it..especially the Zidanesque roulette move he do it a lot
he has excellent pace and probably would be the first outlet for Simeone plan when they counter attack... a game of catch me if you can from his defensive box to the opponent box

his problem is the lack of final touch whether it's an assist or scoring he lacks that but if Simeone can make him more effective he has a better Griezmann on his ranks... in any case even without that just after adapting (probably he will he has Spanish & Portuguese blood in him ) he will give any Fullback a run for their money...could be the deal of the season in la liga .. i really fear Atletico this year

Yeah, last season you could see that it wasn't the team Simeone had envisaged in the way they played. A lot of the quick counters weren't as effective with Mandzukic. Makes you wonder why they bought him. His poor acceleration isn't exactly arcane knowledge....

I think that is the common characteristic among the attackers they have signed: pace, pace and more pace.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Simeone announced his starting XI for the season opener tomorrow:

Oblak, Juanfran, Godín, Giménez, Filipe; Koke, Gabi, Tiago, Óliver; Jackson and Griezmann

Oblak confirmed as their starting GK now(good Atletico fans didn't doom him eh?). Reckon he'll make big progress this season.

Oliver Torres starting too.

DonAK

Malaga to meet Sevilla today for the league opener.

Denis Suarez on the bench.

CM84EzXUAAI4kcC.jpg:large

zanela

Simeone announced his starting XI for the season opener tomorrow:

Oblak, Juanfran, Godín, Giménez, Filipe; Koke, Gabi, Tiago, Óliver; Jackson and Griezmann

Oblak confirmed as their starting GK now(good Atletico fans didn't doom him eh?). Reckon he'll make big progress this season.

Oliver Torres starting too.

Why did he announce it this early?

Better than our B team?

-------------Moyà
Gamez--- Savić---Lucas---Siqueira
----------Saúl----Partey----------
--------------Raúl
Correa-------Vietto---------Carrasco

DonAK

Why did he announce it this early?

Better than our B team?

-------------Moyà
Gamez--- Savić---Lucas---Siqueira
----------Saúl----Partey----------
--------------Raúl
Correa-------Vietto---------Carrasco

No idea :lol:

Just did so in the press conference. Match is tomorrow though and I think he's done it before too?

That attack looks good and I like Saul too. Don't know much about Partey. Defence is not impressive tbh(not that ours is very impressive either) while Moya is a good, experienced GK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans