Christian Benteke

barcanuck

I like this guy, wish we sort of had his option of height sometimes. But I doubt we can bring him to be a bench guy.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is much better than I imagined (didn't watch many Villa games), it was kind of popular to condemn him, I guess.

El Flaco

Benteke's bicycle goal vs. Manchester United

[gfy]IllegalGleamingHare[/gfy]

[gfy]ParchedImaginativeAntarcticfurseal[/gfy]

Last edited:
Him and Lukaku... what a pair of rock solid cyclops in the box! Just send them high balls and count goals... I love good old fashioned destroyers, classical CFs!

khaled_a_d

Him and Lukaku... what a pair of rock solid cyclops in the box! Just send them high balls and count goals... I love good old fashioned destroyers, classical CFs!

There is a reason why it is called "old fashioned" man ,modern football doesn't have much room for such style in the highest level anymore
You need more agile good passing strikers who while scoring goals open spaces for the wingers

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
From what I've seen, I like Benteke more than Lukaku.

Not Barça material though.

EdmondDantes

He did very well when he came on although that goal did feel like kicking a dog when it's down.

Considering LFC's injuries, I could see Klopp fielding:

Coutinho--Benteke--Firmino
---Can-------Lucas-----Milner

----- same back 5-----

It's a decent looking team that.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Benteke made a big difference when he came on today.

I disagree with you Khaled Modern day football does have room for an old fashioned no. 9 in the mould of Benteke, Lukaku, Drogba etc. Especially for certain systems and tactics or formations. In a 4-2-3-1 an old fashioned No.9 is quite vital I'd have thought. Drogba is the prime example of this.

Modern football isn't about one system or tactic. Of course everything evolves but in football there will always be room for an old fashioned No.9 for teams who play a certain way. Of course for a team like Barca they'll never employ such a tactic but the likes of Real or Bayern or Utd could do and have done in the past.

In regards to Benteke I hope he can stay fit because he is definitely suited to a Klopp team.

Home of Barca Fans