Agreement with Atlético Madrid for the signing of Arda Turan

khaled_a_d

The Managing Committee approves the transfer of the player and FC Barcelona reserve the right of sale back to the Madrid club until 20 July this year

FC Barcelona and Atlético Madrid have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Arda Turan. FC Barcelona reserve the right to re-sell the player to Atlético until 20 July.

The Managing Board of the Club were made aware last week of the request from coach Luis Enrique and from the favourable report from the Technical Committee that Arda Turan be brought in to form part of the FC Barcelona squad. The Committee has analysed the operation, stating that after negotiations that began months ago, there is an agreement for the signing of the midfielder with Atlético Madrid and with the player himself. Once the reports were studied, the Committee has given the go ahead to the operation.

Given that the operation is taking place during the electoral process, the Managing Committee understands that given their powers, as established in the Club’s statutes, are “limited to the necessary and vital activities that allow the club to function normally and protect its interests”, it is crucial for the operation to be structured in such a way that the Club can successfully sign the player requested by the coach and by the Technical Committee whilst at the same time allowing the next Board of Directors to ratify the operation.

With the intention of safeguarding the Club’s interests and respecting the final decision of the President elect and given the necessity of finalising the operation as soon as possible in order not to miss out on signing the player, FC Barcelona have reached an agreement with Atlético Madrid for the signing of Arda Turan for the next five seasons for the figure of €34m with a possible €7m in variables.

The agreement includes the option of selling the player to Atlético Madrid for the fixed fee less 10% option costs. This option could be exercised by FC Barcelona up until midnight of 20 July if the next Board of Directors should wish so.

This agreement has been ratified unanimously by the Managing Committee.

The Managing Committee understands that the structure of this operation protects the interests of FC Barcelona and will respect the decision of the president that is elected by the members on 18 July.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...atletico-madrid-for-the-signing-of-arda-turan

F

Flavia

This "sell back" option is quite funny. I don't get why he couldn't wait until July 19th, though. Seems a populist move to favor Bartomeu.

But I like Arda, and as Enrique wanted him, he must have plans.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Damn. Don't like the guy at all and its for quite a lot of money when he has 0 sell on value.

Then again, if Lucho desperately wanted him then he must have something planned for him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Turan's agent confirmed what Bartomeu said. Lucho wanted Turan now and that should be last of it. Fuck what Laporta or others think.
Fee is big and Turan will be 29 when he starts playing for Barca but as I said, it's Lucho's wish and he deserved our trust.

serghei

Fee is too big, should have been more towards 30m than 40m. Other than that, I like the transfer. He is a very underrated player in my opinion.

Ron

Old-School
I can deal with not playing until January, I swear I'll run more than him, I'm willing to make 1/3 of his salary and I'll break Christiano's leg, and that, is a promise! Take me instead, Bartomeu!

o9jzg5.jpg

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Good signing. Can't see him failing and only see him adding more competition inside the team. Don't care about the sum. With this market It's a good price.

FC B

I totally can't get why Lucho supposedly demanded him right now since he can only start playing for Barca the next year, half a season away from now and geez he'll also be 29 years old by then and also cost a shit load of money €34-41 mill which is imo way, way too much to pay for a guy like him in this circumstances. It's not like in Suarez case imo.

On the other hand I appreciate the player's skills and I'm also convinced Barca need solid reinforments but I'm not at all convinced this is the right thing to do at this financial cost when taking all aspects of the transfer into account.

jairzinho

I totally can't get why Lucho supposedly demanded him right now since he can only start playing for Barca the next year, half a season away from now and geez he'll also be 29 years old by then and also cost a shit load of money €34-41 mill which is imo way, way too much to pay for a guy like him in this circumstances. It's not like in Suarez case imo.

On the other hand I appreciate the player's skills and I'm also convinced Barca need solid reinforments but I'm not at all convinced this is the right thing to do at this financial cost when taking all aspects of the transfer into account.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Without a doubt, this is clearly an election signing, with the point being to boost the ratings of Barto. No way this would happen if there were no elections. The Lucho wants him part is of course to further justify the absurd deal as much as possible*. Arda is a quality player, there is no doubt about that. Perhaps Lucho has a liking for him, but there is a major problem with the feasibility of the deal. €34-41 for a 29 year old player who cannot immediately play. Lets see how it works out.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans