Premier League 2015/16

Who will win the PL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So there won't be a Utd re-match?

Pep is indeed a lucky batsard.... Inherits a golden team right when they are reaching their peaks, wins shitload with them and runs away soon as the going gets tough. Picks an elite team at Bayern, where winning the league is just a formality.... And now this, when every body thought he would have to manage a team in Europa, this stupid bomb plant bails him out!

Not under-rating Pep at all.... He definitely had a big hand in Barca's golden generation.... But so does Aragonés in my opinion, by implanting the confidence in Xaviesta and the tiki-taka in general!

Last edited:

Trickykid

So there won't be a Utd re-match?

Pep is indeed a lucky batsard.... Inherits a golden team right when they are reaching their peaks, wins shitload with them and runs away soon as the going gets tough. Picks an elite team at Bayern, where winning the league is just a formality.... And now this, when every body thought hre would have to manage a team in Europa, this stupid bomb plant bails him out!

Not under-rating Pep at all.... He definitely had a big hand in Barca's golden generation.... But so does Aragonés in my opinion, by implanting the confidence in Xaviesta and the tiki-taka in general!

Uh?

Anyhow, judging by this season, Pep has a whole lot of work to do at City. Hardly an easy challenge, to say the least.

DrPepper

Not disagreeing at all here but United need to win with a 19 goal difference to reach a CL spot. :lol:

[tw]731850082493075456[/tw]

Doesn't look so good IMO. :thinking:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Uh?

Anyhow, judging by this season, Pep has a whole lot of work to do at City. Hardly an easy challenge, to say the least.
True, he's got tons to do.... But lady luck has definitely saved him the humiliation of having to manage a Europa contending team no? If at all the match is just postponed and not totally abandoned of course

Trickykid

True, he's got tons to do.... But lady luck has definitely saved him the humiliation of having to manage a Europa contending team no? If at all the match is just postponed and not totally abandoned of course

I'm not sure I follow you here... Man Utd would have to win by 19 goals in order to surpass City. No matter if the game is played or not, City is in the ChL next season.

khaled_a_d

Why it is humiliating to coach a team who is Europa contending ?
And if he was ready to coach a team who could have possibly ended up there,doesn't that mean he isn't really just picking the easy job? after all it is a team that leicester ,Arsenal & Tottenham surpassed in the league

F

Flavia

So there was no bomb, it was a device from a training exercise...

[tw]731949868114120705[/tw]

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'm not sure I follow you here... Man Utd would have to win by 19 goals in order to surpass City. No matter if the game is played or not, City is in the ChL next season.
Yeah I had to check the GD again

Why it is humiliating to coach a team who is Europa contending ?
And if he was ready to coach a team who could have possibly ended up there,doesn't that mean he isn't really just picking the easy job? after all it is a team that leicester ,Arsenal & Tottenham surpassed in the league
For somebody who's either won or reached the semi-finals whenever he'd contended CL, don't you think it would be a step down to coach an EL contender?

Of all the top clubs in England, City is probably the easiest job, for a manager who has as much reputation as Pep does! Especially now, when he has inherited an under-performing and completely old team that needs a whole lot of overhauling!!

Bring them back to glory and the whole credit goes to you.... Do not succeed and the blame goes to the fact that you have inherited an old squad!!

Only helps that you would probably be given a squad that has no super stars left any more! Especially helpful to you personally, considering the fact that you have never been good at dealing with the egos!!

But then I guess it's only logical for some one like Pep to choose a job where no body would call you a failure, if you ended up being one, considering he has never shown courage enough to stay put at a club, even the one that probably had the best player to ever play football!! A pure win-win situation for Pep

Last edited:

Catalan Fan

Hoping Leicester City keep all their players to see if they are for real or a fluke.

The team is for real, only 3 defeats in 38 games and winning the League by 10pts proves that.

I think only Kante might leave, which would be a blow.Flipside is that Leicester might add to the squad ?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
EPL title>>>>Europa title
No body compared EPL to Europa! The post meant 'Because they have CL now, Leicester would probably be happy ending top 6 if not 4, let alone winning the EPL again!'

The post is a bit exaggeration but I concur to an extent. Being champions this year, they would probably, & hopefully, not fall so drastically, but you get the gist right? And you never know too, Chelsea did fall likewise just this year :p

CL means more games.... Actually 6 more games just in the first half of the season! And historically, CL tears down teams! I mean the treble winning Barca, not only got eliminated from the CL, but they almost lost the control on the league this season because they were pursuing both league and the CL! And they had what 10 points advantage just over a month ago!?

And in general the lower tier teams probably prefer going a step further in the CL over getting ranked one higher because the cash flow would be higher the former way. I don't know if they would still have this mindset with their new out-of-the-world TV rights income

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans