Bernardo Silva

French rumors say it's 50m + bonus. Still a bargain, anything under 70 m is really good business. I don't understand how Monaco could let him go so cheaply.

BarçaBarça

French rumors say it's 50m + bonus. Still a bargain, anything under 70 m is really good business. I don't understand how Monaco could let him go so cheaply.

English newspapers (sky, bbc) say 50 M straight out. Less than I thought, but still a lot of money for a youngster.

This club has no qualms spendings 70m on Paco+Gomes, but is hesitant to spend 49m on Silva, fuck this board.

Or goes for Coutinho who is more a safebet for us. People need to calm down. He is a great player, and I could see him be good for us, but it is not the end of the world.

Last edited:

RIZALDINHO

Last summer clubs spend like crazy too and we got a great player like Umtiti for only 25M.

No need for panic, our current season didn't even finished yet and some people are already giving up on the next one. :lol:

yea thats true we just need to sign a central midfielder, right back, striker and sort out the defence which has been bad for years now since carlos puyol retired, terrible defending has made barca concede way to many goals then we should be fine and we be back to winning trophies

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
yea thats true we just need to sign a central midfielder, right back, striker and sort out the defence which has been bad for years now since carlos puyol retired, terrible defending has made barca concede way to many goals then we should be fine and we be back to winning trophies

Our central defense is fine, at worst it's a bit thin in depth.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Sane, Jesus, Bernardo Silva. City's future up front is set, not even considering that they have the likes of Aguero/Sterling as well. They're moving with strong intent in this transfer window I feel, they understand the change needed to succeed in the face of Chelsea's impressive season.

Unfortunate for Monaco. Silva is not likely to be the last departure for them this summer, I wonder if they can renovate enough to stay around the same level they were at in this past season.

I also recall that I was told Silva would be somewhere near the 90m figure quoted for Coutinho...? Maybe those who are so used to and content with Barca's poor business dealings can only imagine more of the same. Silva's cost is only marginally higher than that of Arda fucking Turan, and yet somehow we MUST drop 90 million on Coutinho for this club to be successful. Perspectives.

Last edited:

serghei

Unfortunate for Monaco. Silva is not likely to be the last departure for them this summer, I wonder if they can renovate enough to stay around the same level they were at in this past season.

The vibe for them is that of Porto circa 2004 for me (just not as good obviously). Sell and make money, then buy and try to sell and make more money. Their owner doesn't have any intention to challenge for the CL or some big ambition like that. So he can sell without problems.

cro-man

It feels like back than when enrique decided to buy just rakitic and and not kross too. could be that our new trainer and our board decided gomes arda and denis are good enough:lol:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about signing him (great talent nonetheless), but it's sickening to see other clubs already doing their homework, while we rest on our laurels...

While I'm fine with Valverde, we really lack a non-player figure that helps us lure players...

God Serena

While other clubs are improving their squads, we can't even come out and confirm who our next manager is gonna be. Do we really have to wait until Monday? Jeez. Lucho is leaving, we've known this for the longest fucking time, even before he announced it himself. Bayern announces their new manager a good 6+ months before he takes over. Just let everyone know Valverde is coming, and then let the man make transfer decisions so we don't fall behind.

jamrock

Pep will have a hell of a front line next season, players just buzzing all over the place like he loves, this is the end of Sterling at the club.

The 4-1-4-1 will indeed be the formation next season, if gundogan can stay if he will be the 1 behind the 4,

Barcilliant

Sane, Jesus, Bernardo Silva. City's future up front is set, not even considering that they have the likes of Aguero/Sterling as well. They're moving with strong intent in this transfer window I feel, they understand the change needed to succeed in the face of Chelsea's impressive season.

I also recall that I was told Silva would be somewhere near the 90m figure quoted for Coutinho...? Maybe those who are so used to and content with Barca's poor business dealings can only imagine more of the same. Silva's cost is only marginally higher than that of Arda fucking Turan, and yet somehow we MUST drop 90 million on Coutinho for this club to be successful. Perspectives.

Man City have all the money in the world. Pep strikes me as a real hypocrite at times. Trying to wax philosophical and idealistic yet spends money like it's going out of fashion.

What a sick world we live in. Silva is a very good player but not worth 50-70 million. There is huge unemployment everywhere, starving kids, wars and yet we see this shit. Fuck football.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man City have all the money in the world. Pep strikes me as a real hypocrite at times. Trying to wax philosophical and idealistic yet spends money like it's going out of fashion.

What a sick world we live in. Silva is a very good player but not worth 50-70 million. There is huge unemployment everywhere, starving kids, wars and yet we see this shit. Fuck football.

Do you think about the big employment rate in Catalunya and Spain, people struggling day in and out, struggling financially, when you want Barca to spend money on quality players and a quality manager?

Just how it is man. Always been like this, always will be like this. Football is a business too, yet it's also something that inspires kids, gives them hope and joy.

The money in Football is the least of our concerns. How you can justify spending billions on wars, that's something to ponder about.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans