UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaOG

Banned
weakest CL winning run...

i mean, at least chelsea managed to beat us and bayern. you know, CL-quality teams. there is no glory whatsoever in this undecima. if i wear a longtime real fan id be embarassed about it

Morten

weakest CL winning run...

i mean, at least chelsea managed to beat us and bayern. you know, CL-quality teams. there is no glory whatsoever in this undecima. if i wear a longtime real fan id be embarassed about it

I read alot of stuff in here, but that we should be embarassed for winning a cl-trophy? That one takes the cake.
Anyways, in the end, we beat Atletico, not convincingly in any way, but we did. Barca and Bayern did not. No one can argue that Atletico is not a top class team.

MagIX

You do not have to be embarassed. You won the CL, end of the story and congrats.
Totally illogical the rest you wrote: it is like saying, if you look at 1 match, we won the 1. leg vs ATM in 90 min. not 120min. It makes no sense.

For sure the way to the final was much easer for RM than ATM.

F

Flavia

I read alot of stuff in here, but that we should be embarassed for winning a cl-trophy? That one takes the cake.
Anyways, in the end, we beat Atletico, not convincingly in any way, but we did. Barca and Bayern did not. No one can argue that Atletico is not a top class team.

You didn't beat Atlético, though. Game ended in a draw. Penalties are a lottery. If rm played a 2 legged tie against them, doubt you'd win in the end. Or against bayern, or Barça. You guys got very lucky to play only weak teams.

DrPepper

Maybe it's time for the Champions League to become a league competition (as the name already hints) to stop fluky, half-season wonders such as Real or Chelsea from winning it. :thinking:

You'd have to either reduce the number of teams drastically or make CL teams not play in their domestic leagues. Probably both. Otherwise it'd just be too many games.

The CL being another tier of regular league football could be interesting. As in you get promoted there from your domestic league, or you get relegated from the CL to your domestic league. Tbh I'd rather see games like Barca vs Bayern week in week out than Barca vs Deportivo. You could even make the EL the second tier of this, and then from the EL you get relegated to your domestic league. There'd be a whole host of problems with that though. Or really with any kind of attempt to turn the CL into a league.

Also a league just doesn't provide the excitement a cup tournament does.

I saw someone suggest seeding. It already pretty much happens up to the round of 16 (whether it's done well is another matter). How would you do it after that?

Last edited:
F

Flavia

The current seeding system is only for the draw of the group stage. Libertadores system is way better than current UCL.

Pablo Escobar

Making a second group stage back again seems good enough to me.

Simply, teams like Wolfsburg and Genk would be in the same group in the 2nd stage, they both will not qualify instead of one going further.

So instead of Roma-rma and Genk-Wolfsburg in R2 you have a group rma, Roma, Wolfs and Genk. rma naturally goes thru, but it can't play against Roma in the QF while Wolfs are out.

And you don't really need to modify anything, maybe change Copa del Rey to one legged, start UCL in the first week of September, make some rounds back to back weeks and add 2 or 3 in the 2nd stage at the end of November and beginning of December and the rest in February and March.

i_bleed_blaugrana

As usual, the press derps around again after yesterday's final: "Heroic defense", "Real's ecstasy", "Big game player Ronaldo", "Zidane bestest coach in ze world" yada yada yada.

Not even one journalist on planet Earth is willing nor able to state the obvious truth that Real played total garbage and only got to ET with an offside goal, that Ronaldo was invisible for 120 minutes, that Zidane is the new di Matteo, and that it takes way more balls for a player like Griezmann to step up for the shootout when he missed a pen in the game already than it takes for the heroic Commander. Also, they conveniently sweep the fact that Real delivered one of the worst CL matches of all time vs ManC and barely beat Wolfsburg under the rug, while also being silent about the fact that Atletico beat the best two teams in the world on their way to the final. One known retard over at Der Spiegel calls it a deserved victory. Yeah, go fuck yourself.

I think I need a break from this sport, this is just too much.

:worthy:

Just wanted to make sure everyone saw this again. Post of the year for me so far.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
It was indeed easy draws for RM, weird CL to be honest. ATM almost eliminated by PSV in the 1/8, then they just trapped barca and bayern which are by far superior teams. ATM is not world class, its just a normal team for me. RM played clever against ATM in the final.

some people here are saying bayern would have trashed this RM, i wouldn't be so sure, it would have been a lot more easier. ATM is a very defensive team.

Real Madrid was not good this season but despite that they won 11th Champions League, finished 2nd in liga by 1 pts dif, i am sure next year they will do far better, especially with zidane, not that i believe he is a good coach, but i believe his presence is enough to win RM titles.

Gaudi

Apparently Blatter said that he knows draws were fixed with cold and warm balls, he's talking about UEFA draws.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Not surprising, obviously no chance of knowing if its true and Blatter is as big a snake as all of them so he could easily be lying but at this point nothing would surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans