UEFA Champions League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal

Do UEFA seriously think they did better than Rakitic in UCL and their respective domestic leagues?

I like Pirlo, but him being there this year is a joke. Rakitic did much better.

Alarcón

it's hazard i was comparing him to. The bias couldn't be more obvious when Verratti led 10 men PSG against Chelsea with a world class match.

Then again you seem heavily biased as well.
[youtube]GsDvHmds8RY[/youtube]
mediocre, really ? sigh.

hmm yea... so according to this video he had 0 misplaced passes

serghei

it's hazard i was comparing him to. The bias couldn't be more obvious when Verratti led 10 men PSG against Chelsea with a world class match.

Then again you seem heavily biased as well.
[youtube]GsDvHmds8RY[/youtube]
mediocre, really ? sigh.

Verratti led that PSG team against Chelsea just as much as David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Matuidi and the other players who had to work double to make up for Zlatan's sending off. Plus, he didn't play in the first game in the QF against us, and was pretty ordinary in the return leg. That's not a great campaign by any means, fan or no fan.

Last edited:

serghei

keep up and you'll finally get to "verratti was excellent" :lol:

An excellent defensive midfielder whould have fouled Iniesta in the first goal, instead of making a 50-50 sliding tackle (his mistake there is obviously not shown in the video) and miss it. Verratti is still not mature enough, and that shows at times. A more experienced player whould have made the right call there, since Iniesta was on the run and already passed two PSG players. He took himself out of the game just like that, and they conceded.

JamDav1982

Veratti was average in the second leg against Barca.

Moved the ball quickly when Barca let him have space then got very lucky on some referee calls when he was caught on ball.

Good player but it seemed some people were desperate for him to play amazingly and every simple pass was met with wonder as if he was controlling the game like a prime Xavi when he was doing nothing close to that.

He was brilliant against Chelsea though.

khaled_a_d

Verratti did little in CL last season. Was absent vs Barca in the first leg and was mediocre in the 2nd. Hazard doesn't deserve to make the list either.

It is best player in European football between July last year till July this year,even Euro is included in its year.it isn't a CL award

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It is best player in European football between July last year till July this year,even Euro is included in its year.it isn't a CL award

European competitions as you said. Domestic leagues + CL +(Euro if it's played that season).

I don't think Pogba, Pirlo and Vidal were better than Rakitic.

khaled_a_d

European competitions as you said. Domestic leagues + CL +(Euro if it's played that season).

I don't think Pogba, Pirlo and Vidal were better than Rakitic.

I wasn't arguing against that tbh,just commenting on people arguing about CL performance solely
Pirlo didn't deserve it IMO ,neither did Buffon in comparison to Neuer overall performance this year
Not sure about Pogba ,up until his injury he was considered Juve and Scudetto best player by good margin by most people .while Tevez probably overtake that role with Pogba injury .still tough to take him out IMO
And as I said initially ,MSN made many of our players overlooked .

Barcadub

Crusaders from Northern Ireland and Dundalk(the best Irish side I'v seen in awhile) are the two teams il be keeping an eye on. Dundalk play BATE borisov. Really tough fixture.

Dundalk put in a really good performance but lost 2-1 against BATE. They will definelty believe they can go through.

Dundalks home pitch is artificial grass and the stadium is absolutely tiny. Will be uncomfortable from the off for BATE.

Winner has a nice draw in the next round too.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Funny story:

1st leg KF Skënderbeu Korçë 4:1 Crusaders FC in Albania

Now the Albanian team asked for a visa in Ireland while the Crusaders are from Northern Ireland. They got into real trouble because if they were not able to travel to the game, Korçë would have lost the match 0:3 and exit competition.

But they got their visa today and everything is fine. ;)

Barcadub

Funny story:

1st leg KF Skënderbeu Korçë 4:1 Crusaders FC in Albania

Now the Albanian team asked for a visa in Ireland while the Crusaders are from Northern Ireland. They got into real trouble because if they were not able to travel to the game, Korçë would have lost the match 0:3 and exit competition.

But they got their visa today and everything is fine. ;)

:lol: would have been a beauty for Crusaders. Noway back for them.

Dundalk have a great chance representing my country Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans