• Barcelona 2008/09

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Barcelona 2010/11

Votes: 60 61.9%
  • Barcelona 2014/15

Votes: 25 25.8%

• Total voters

Neeraj

:lol: The OP might have thought it's a tough question, this is very simple really. The 2011 team played at a level that has probably never been achieved/won't be achieved for a very, very long time.

We re-defined football, we won with consummat e ease against the strongest of opponents. We played with the flair of a Brazilian team, with Spanish technical brilliance prowling the midfield and a defense unmatched. Though we were great this season, we were never overwhelming favourites in any game, very often we were even considered underdogs. Not to mention we were nowhere close to being as balanced as we were back then,

We didn't necessarily beat teams black and blue either (apart from the Bayern game where Messi went loco). In 2011, the game was over before it begun. The sheer awe that we commanded was staggering and the sort of football we played in that champions league final, jeez...

So yeah, 2011 - and it isn't even close!

raskolnikov

It speaks volumes about how awesome the 2011 team was when you consider them dominating the poll over 2 treble winning very strong barca sides

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It speaks volumes about how awesome the 2011 team was when you consider them dominating the poll over 2 treble winning very strong barca sides

We were this close to a trebble in 2011 too if not for puta madrid and the not so special one!

Silas

The OP might have thought it's a tough question, this is very simple really. The 2011 team played at a level that has probably never been achieved/won't be achieved for a very, very long time.

Honestly, I thought that there will be huge group of people that value trophies more than a style. Boy was I wrong. :alveshat:

Elite-BkD

At minimum, 7 starters on that 10/11 team were the best in the world at their position, and you couldn't have found an upgrade for any of them given the style they played. A reasonable argument could be made that Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Puyol were the four best outfield players in the world that season. I don't think it's close.

StarLord

In terms of style, the 2011 side cannot be beaten. The Xavi-Iniesta combo in midfield was mesmerizing, and gave Barca a very classy and unique feel that simply cannot be reproduced or copied or improved upon. The Lucho side though got the better results thanks to an even better defense and a scandalously efficient forward line.

ManusXavi

For me it is 10/11 > 9/10 > 11/12 >>14/15 > 08/09.

We played 64 games in 2011/12 and lost 4!
The 2009/10 team lost 1 league game.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
As an outsider I would say 2009.

This is simply because your opponents were a lot stronger then than in those other years and that for me has to be taken into account. That you destroyed opponents in 09 makes the achievement all the more incredible.

2011 the team could be considered better than the 09 version but your opponents were a hell of a lot weaker imo.

vlad

for me, 2015, second half of season, some supersonic football.

i must admit, during pep, withouth true 9 attacker i was sometimes really bored watching ball going around and around.

barcanuck

oh man good poll!

MEH vs MVP vs MSN

Such great trios such great teams and two treble winners.

08 team had it all thought Messi Eto Henry had power, height, tenacity helping Messi. Prime time Xavi who was an absolute beast out there and he was backed up by Yaya a young Busi, shining Iniesta. Defense had a prime Puyol with a young Pique and the first year of Dani which he was a beast.

11 team had some great chemistry with the MVP all being able to score and assist. Xavi Busi Iniesta mid was at it's absolute best and the back line of Abidal Pique Puyol Alves was the best in our history.

15 team had the new trident which we have been waiting for to dominate and they shattered all trident records despite Luis not playing until mid October. This is as close as it gets to the Messi Eto Henry trident if not better. Luis bringing bite and hunger (no puns intended) back to the mix and Neymar loving life being Messi's wingman. Midfield wasn't as good as the previous two thanks to Xavi with one step in Qatar and Iniesta sad about it. Rakitic was a pleasant surprise as he helped out with covering Alves runs. Defense was really solid thanks to the new goalies and Pique's new found energy.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Give the MSN of 2014-15 to the Barca of 2008-09... And they would absolutely annihilate every one that stand between them and any of the silverware out there

I voted 2010/11.

I remember that... calmnes, surenes, tottal selfesteem, relaxed, worryless domination of that team... like it was impossible for them to lose.

There was one match... can't remember which... we were loosin' 2-0... but we continued with slow, relaxed, easy passing around, like nothing happened, tottaly unfazed, untouched... and won 4-2. Players behaved like they were borred, like they were playing with someone so inferior that it is senseless to play at all.

In '09 and '15 there was lots of nervous, worrying reactions, a bit fear, tension... in '11 - nada.

But, it's normal. In '11, our team was mostly consisted of creme de la creme players who reached their peak... we had absolute best middle in history and all its players in their zenith (Busq, Xavi, Don)-they were the brain of our team ("Mind rules...")... best RB (Dani)... best CF (Messi), maybe best LW Villa ... we had unbreakable veteran Puyol, the heart of the team, young and motivated Pique, gladiator Abidal... what a serenity in domination was that, man... just out of this world.

Home of Barca Fans