Your Favorite FC Barcelona game

StarLord

Even though I am a Champions League man, my favorite Barca game has to be the 5-0 humiliation of Jose's Real Madrid. Only months after our acrimonious elimination in the CL semis of 2010 against Internazionale, and after all the silly and almost vomit-inducing hype over Jose, his alleged genius, how he was the man to bring us down etc...even many Cules were scared shitless before this game. I knew we were better and hot favorites to win, and that with a certain dose of good fortune we could serve out a serious embarrassment to Jose and avenge the CL semi from a few months back. Moreover, all our players were at the peaks of their powers and the football was beautiful and awe-inspiring at the same time. The Clasico from November 2010, is the absolute football match for me. Perfect football, combined with merciless revenge and humiliation of Jose:

What are your favorite Barca games?

Alen

5-0 and 6-2 were great but the 2004 first leg 3-0 wins it for me. I was never happier after a clasico.

F

Flavia

The 2-6, the manita, and the last 3 CL finals stand out.

I also like the 4-1 vs arsenal(2009), The 0-3 in the bernaleo when Dinho got his ovation, the 6-1 vs atletico(2008). There are surely more, that I don't recall right now.

Antimadridista1

The game that I enjoyed the most this season probably was the one against PSG (1-3), but it's because I had the chance to watch it in Parc des princes.
The 2-6 was something special. Scoring six goals at the Bernabeu doesn't happen often :p

The final against ManUtd in 2011 was also incredible. The difference of level between the two teams made it even more beautiful.
As Flavia said, there's many games, really... hard to decide.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ronaldinho's ovation game, 2-6, Manita and CL Final 2006 for me. Although I am sure final vs. Juve will in time be there too once it settles in completely.

StarLord

The 2-6, the manita, and the last 3 CL finals stand out.

Yup. If we are to make a Top 5 list from our recent history, then it's definitely those games. Two masterclass performances vs Real Madrid and 3 efficiently won CL finals.

One game that is forgotten, was our 2-0 win over Inter Milan in the 09/10 CL GS. We were missing Messi (and Ibra, for what that was worth) in that must-win game. Xavi & Iniesta took that game from scruff of the neck and delivered a masterclass midfield performance. The game was over withing 25 minutes or so, and Inter were completely incapable of responding in any way, shape or form. Such a shale that we did not have that fitness level (or Iniesta) in the CL semis of that season.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
5-0, 2006 CL final, 2009 CL final, 2011 CL semifinal at Bernabeu, 4-0 vs Milan in 2013

Xavinho

pa-3503904.jpg

i_bleed_blaugrana

maxresdefault.jpg

Really sweet after how they humiliated us the year prior at the Bernabau

iniesta-chelsea-goalthe-legend-of-carl-awesome--xavi-is-the-best-player-in-the-world-exjnwrbv.jpg

Epic. Definition of last minute.

Lionel+Messi+Real+Madrid+v+Barcelona+UEFA+H1Ga5ale-Mnl.jpg

My favorite Messi moment.

Honorable mentions:

7763b981458ec9716ed4b07fe3f4862f

GettyImages-472365808.0.jpg

MessiDinho10

Manita, CL final 2011, CL semifinal vs Chelsea, CL final 2008 and the 6-2 form my top 5, in that order. CL final 2011 is very close to being number 1 though, fantastic match between two great sides.

Home of Barca Fans