Xavi Simons

Newcomer

Btw this is a Pure Qatari thing. Arab with power tend to have a huge huge ego and they seek revenge and destruction. I doubt that the Neymar acquisition was driven by revenge for that epic comeback, and this acquisition is because PSG might be pissed of the current Neymar situation and pissed of Barca. These are my theories though and there is nothing to back them up with .. just a gut feeling

Except it has been documented PSG had tried to get Neymar one year before his actual Barça exit when his clause was at 180 M. It is not far fetched to think Neymar negociated the 222 M clause knowing it was still affordable by his suitor when he renewed.

As for Xavi Simmons, clubs are on the market for "talented" youngsters. Barça beat PSG for Barry signing, PSG beat Barça for Xavi Simmons.

PSG owners could take pride taking away an huge asset like Neymar from Barça but come on. We don't even know if the little boy will have a professional career.

I still remember a tremendous prospect we had: Ongenda. He was exceptional at everything and he is now playing in some obscure league in Romania or somewhere else. At 16 year old, we can only hope for him to have a decent career.

Porque

I prefer to pay a bit more to the kids who actually wants to stay than overpay for those who don't want to stay/return.

Well comparatively the offers our offer to Xavi Simon was 200k/year and to Kubo 250k/year which is 1/10 and 1/8 comparatively of what both Illaix and Ansu new deals are. I don't think Kubo is 8 times less the talent of Ansu for example, and by all accounts he would of signed with us if we offered 1m and did not try to low ball. That loss is on the club, we royally screwed up and now are on tour in Japan without their biggest upcoming star.

Simons is a different case and more inline with your post. I don't know what PSG are paying Simons but it is obviously more than our offer. If he wanted to stay though, he wouldn't be with Raiola as I have been hearing of renewal snags since the kid was 13.

Diva personality + instagram, twitter marketing on a kid is the worst thing that can happen, he he can fuck off.
We had much bigger talents that failed like Bojan and many more, not sure why our fanbase is making suck a fuss about it.

If this trend keeps continuing, it is only a matter of time before a player is stolen from LA Masia that goes on to become a 100m player. Kubo is not that guy - he is being hyped ridiculously due to Madrid wanting to project that they have got one over on Barca.

Why do we not go and raid foreign academies for their best youngsters like what happens to us? We do this to Spanish clubs but bar Louie Barry we just don't seem to do it to foreign clubs. Meanwhile, EPL clubs in particular come and cherry pick the best youngsters from La Masia. Personally think Fifa should put a ban on this if possible - very frustrating and unfair on all sides, even when we benefit.

abbbs97

Twitter thread in which a current club employee explains that Simons' behavior lately isnt that good in which he has his own personal chauffeur and treats some of the staff members badly. Barca coaches also think that his sporting level has decreased since his time in Infantil and they were disappointed that he hired Raiola as his agent 2 yrs ago.
[tw]1153757876726456320[/tw]

If this is true, then I'm honestly glad he left. We have way bigger talent prospects that are his age as well.

xXKonan

If true, the kid let his Instagram/marketing stuff and Raiola get to his head.

It's true that he was a pretty big talent when he was younger, but the last year or two other players within the system around his age were starting to show even more than he has which made it looked like he stalled out a bit.

Him being his age and having Raiola being his agent is perhaps the worst combination out there.

Devils

Nothing more than the Dutch Halilovic.

The club was VERY SMART to give Iliax a huge contract and show this bum the door.

BarcaOG

Banned
fuck this kid. at any level going to PSG from barca is a downgrade. and people actually think raiola is good for his clients :lol: he's good for his wallet, that's all. i hope he fades into anonymity

tacticvarium

What attitude problem?
A player's attitude is suddenly a problem just because he has chosen to leave Barça?:lol:
That is full of hypocrisy and BS as it has been also seen in the case of De Ligt.
I didn't have high hopes for this kid anyway since it's been already 1-2 years since his progress has been stalled so I don't have any problem with this kid leaving Barça but football is way bigger than Barça and there are many great football clubs in the world apart from Barça. PSG is not a bad choice at all as a professional football player tbh. This also could well be his last chance to earn such a high salary as a professional athlete so who can blame him about having made such a choice?

Raketa10

What attitude problem?
A player's attitude is suddenly a problem just because he has chosen to leave Barça?:lol:
That is full of hypocrisy and BS as it has been also seen in the case of De Ligt.
I didn't have high hopes for this kid anyway since it's been already 1-2 years since his progress has been stalled so I don't have any problem with this kid leaving Barça but football is way bigger than Barça and there are many great football clubs in the world apart from Barça. PSG is not a bad choice at all as a professional football player tbh. This also could well be his last chance to earn such a high salary as a professional athlete so who can blame him about having made such a choice?

It's not even similar to De Ligt case. De Ligt has established himself on the highest level and some members were bitter because we weren't able to sign him. On the other hand this kid is fucking nobody. Hiring Raiola and changing clubs at 16 years of age is stupid as it gets. His parents are idiots who created Instagram diva and not a footballer. As [MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION] said his case reminds me of Alen Halilovic who was hyped as a new Messi and now at age 23 he can't play a serious football anymore. I wish him luck but at the moment he looks more like a family money project than a serious player.

I don't get this sh*t. So you are 16, you have an agent and your parents let you do what the agent says... Just sad, but that's the way Riaola making huge money. I don't like him but this is only happening because Ibra didn't fit here. So, every last player under Riaola won't come to Barca and that's 100% sure.

Alik

Twitter thread in which a current club employee explains that Simons' behavior lately isnt that good in which he has his own personal chauffeur and treats some of the staff members badly. Barca coaches also think that his sporting level has decreased since his time in Infantil and they were disappointed that he hired Raiola as his agent 2 yrs ago.
[tw]1153757876726456320[/tw]

If this is true, then I'm honestly glad he left. We have way bigger talent prospects that are his age as well.

Nothing wrong with a kid having a personal chauffeur.

Home of Barca Fans