Xavi Simons

Campos

Stupid choice

PSG has a shitty Youth System.
They lifted their reserve team a few months ago.

So there is no PSG B. You only have the U-19 squad and the first team squad.

Watched their U-17 and U-19 team on a few tournaments.
And they always end like 5th or 6th.

They don't give a fuck about Youth players.

Ajax

Hey let me go to that club that doesnt have a youth team

I can imagine him going to a club with more prospect but he picked the one that actively downgraded their academy

Unbelievable

xXKonan

PSG did have some good youth prospects but all of them eventually left PSG because they were ignored.

This will be the same case with Simmons I reckon.

ronniecro

said it long time ago that he won't play single game for our senior squad. i'm gonna sound bitter but i do hope that his career goes down the drain,being raiolas bitch he doesn't deserves anything else

Devils

This guy was and always will be a stone cold loser.

At least now he can put up instagram video of him doing keep ups in front of the Eiffel Tower.

Probably wont last that long because he'll be riding the bench at APOEL in a few years.

BBZ8800

I watched only Youtube videos and I liked his leadership ability from midfield.
I have no idea whether he is good in other areas, though.

Horatio

You're welcome
From what I understood in general he’s a bit overrated. Wish him best. But that youngest Kluivert kid might be one to watch out for.
Or Rayane Bonida from Belgium.

Newcomer

Stupid choice

PSG has a shitty Youth System.
They lifted their reserve team a few months ago.

So there is no PSG B. You only have the U-19 squad and the first team squad.

Watched their U-17 and U-19 team on a few tournaments.
And they always end like 5th or 6th.

They don't give a fuck about Youth players.

PSG may not have a good youth system according to your standards but PSG has been awarded the best academy of France this year.

The biggest problem of PSG youth system is not the formation (PSG is often U17/U19 champions). The problem is the post-formation. PSG doesn't know how to make the transition from his youth teams to his senior team. PSG is shit at picking successful loans for their young players too.

PSG has made a choice to put the focus on the U19 as the elite group. Hence why they ended their reserve. It is a choice to concentrate the best young players in only one team which participate to the most competitive youth competitions like Youth League. Before, you had some in the reserve, some in the U19. They want the players to stay together as a group for a longer time to grow better. The only advantage of the reserve is they could face physically mature players. However, outside of the athleticism, there is more quality in U19 category.

I wonder how you figure out PSG does not care about youth players when they are building a 300 M€ academy and training center. You should have given them the memo before they splash 300 M on something they have no interest.

PSG is also the club where Areola, Rabiot, Kimpembe, Diaby, Nkunku, Dagba got their chance to play with the senior team in a very recent time. I'm not sure you can find so many clubs with as much academy players.

To stay on topic, i know nothing about Xavi Simmons other than i have seen his picture with his glorious hair before. He is a 16 year old, thus i don't think we should put too much hope/expectations on him. Just let the kid grow and see how he does in 3 year time.

Newcomer

Hey let me go to that club that doesnt have a youth team

I can imagine him going to a club with more prospect but he picked the one that actively downgraded their academy

Unbelievable
If you had understood the objective, you would have known that PSG is not downgrading their academy.

They are just going for an Elite group. The reserves was seen as useless with either players too old to play U19 but not good enough to play professional football or good youngsters who are very precocious. PSG want their best youngsters all in the same elite team: the U19. Then, either you make it professional afterwards or not.

kattanib

Btw this is a Pure Qatari thing. Arab with power tend to have a huge huge ego and they seek revenge and destruction. I doubt that the Neymar acquisition was driven by revenge for that epic comeback, and this acquisition is because PSG might be pissed of the current Neymar situation and pissed of Barca. These are my theories though and there is nothing to back them up with .. just a gut feeling

Home of Barca Fans