Xavi Simons

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Incidentally I was mistaken about the beautiful roulette & goal from Infantil B against Los Che, it was Pau Servat and not Farnos

The Final is here

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I hate Chelsea. They buy tons of youngsters each year and ruin almost every single one of them.

Ocelot

I hate Chelsea. They buy tons of youngsters each year and ruin almost every single one of them.

They loan them all out then sell them at a higher price. :angry:

Is it still the same as in the past? You can't offer U/18 players a contract in Spain? And the players can leave for free? I know it was like this in the past but i m curious if this has changed.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's same. One of the "let's shoot ourselves in a foot" laws. Just like obligatory release clause that only exists in Spain.

navidjaan

It's 16, not 18, right? La Masia players always gets offered contracts when they turn 16 which runs out after the season in which they turn 19, where they will either get a new contract and join Barça B, or leave.

slk123

It's 16, not 18, right? La Masia players always gets offered contracts when they turn 16 which runs out after the season in which they turn 19, where they will either get a new contract and join Barça B, or leave.

think I read once those aren't professional contracts just youth contracts and only in the uk you can sign a professional contract at age 16, everywhere else its 18. gotta be some labour laws about age of consent which are different there

EDIT: ok, just checked it, its 18 in spain and 15 in the uk

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Don't think can sign a full pro contract in Spain until 17. EPL takes advantage by signing then for big money at 16.

navidjaan

think I read once those aren't professional contracts just youth contracts and only in the uk you can sign a professional contract at age 16, everywhere else its 18. gotta be some labour laws about age of consent which are different there

EDIT: ok, just checked it, its 18 in spain and 15 in the uk

Thanks.

raki

They loan them all out then sell them at a higher price. :angry:

Is it still the same as in the past? You can't offer U/18 players a contract in Spain? And the players can leave for free? I know it was like this in the past but i m curious if this has changed.

They sell a few. 90% of them are lost in Vitesse and other clubs...

Home of Barca Fans