Xavi Simons

Trickykid

He's been living here since he was 7, I find it impossible to imagine he's somehow an illegal player. We might as well have Iniesta and Messi banned too.

Retrospectively of course. That way they can take away the trophies we've won with them in the squad.

Uncle Flo's already opening his wallet for som serious greasing of FIFA officials. It's just a matter of time.

khaled_a_d

He's been living here since he was 7, I find it impossible to imagine he's somehow an illegal player. We might as well have Iniesta and Messi banned too.

If those rules was made in 2001 ,Messi wasn't gonna be allowed to play in Barca .luckily it was made after he became professional
btw ,I think Simons joined the club aged 7 .but was in Spain b4 that

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
How does FIFA get away with this shit in the eyes of the general public? Literally attacking/crippling Barca's youth system, viciously targeting the careers of young players that they hilariously claim to be 'protecting'. It outrages me that this can go on without the story picking up enough steam in the media for public pressure to be put on them.

khaled_a_d

How does FIFA get away with this shit in the eyes of the general public? Literally attacking/crippling Barca's youth system, viciously targeting the careers of young players that they hilariously claim to be 'protecting'. It outrages me that this can go on without the story picking up enough steam in the media for public pressure to be put on them.

Child Labour ,media will never be able to argue against them .hell FIFA will be sued if they didn't do that by all organizations protecting children
I hate to say but look at it from non football perspective and they are right .the fact that once the kid move he basically made a decision at very young age that he is a footballers .the fact that you say "careers" about those children alone made FIFA decisions right .those kids aren't having a careers right now .they should remain kids who just enjoy their lives and care about education and keep their options open

You can look at it and say those kids are playing in Barca ,they should be left alone .and while that is a good arguments there is thousands of clubs in Europe who aren't Barca .kids could join them thinking they will be next Messi and thinking that football paid well .just to find themselves playing in 3rd division team when they are 25 with average wage in career that ends in 30's while leaving their parents when they were child and knowing nothing in life but football

Even Barca argument during the ban wasn't that we haven't broken the rule .but we are different .well that is true .but rules are the rules and they should apply for everyone with no exception

F

Flavia

Fifa is hurting some players a lot, though. They claim to be protecting them, but look at Patrice Sousia. He had nowhere to go, after being prohibited from living in la masia. If not for a teammate family taking him in, what would he do?
Some of the new targeted players also are refugees, this is beyond ridiculous now.
This law need to be redone, it hurts more than protects any kid.

khaled_a_d

Doesn't Sousa has a family in Cameroon? because if he has then that is his place to go and if they aren't taking him that is on his family not FIFA
The laws won't be redone ,it is universal and won't be redone for FIFA .and therefor won't be redone for Barcelona
And it protect way more kids than those harmed .we only look at the kids joining Barca (kids who mostly will know nothing about their lives when they are adults with very very few exceptions) but there are thousands of kids who think every footballers paid millions and get used by greedy agents and sometimes families who care about nothing but money .rather than having a normal life beside their families and get best education they can they leave them for a pipedream

F

Flavia

Doesn't Sousa has a family in Cameroon? because if he has then that is his place to go and if they aren't taking him that is on his family not FIFA
The laws won't be redone ,it is universal and won't be redone for FIFA .and therefor won't be redone for Barcelona
And it protect way more kids than those harmed .we only look at the kids joining Barca (kids who mostly will know nothing about their lives when they are adults with very very few exceptions) but there are thousands of kids who think every footballers paid millions and get used by greedy agents and sometimes families who care about nothing but money .rather than having a normal life beside their families and get best education they can they leave them for a pipedream

Laws can be redone. And in this case, they should be. There are plenty of points that can be improved and corrected. For instance, obligating any club with youth level to provide proper education for them. And right now the only kids being harmed are from Barça, because that's the only club being penalized. It can get worse, if Fifa decide to do it for other clubs too.

khaled_a_d

Laws can be redone. And in this case, they should be. There are plenty of points that can be improved and corrected. For instance, obligating any club with youth level to provide proper education for them. And right now the only kids being harmed are from Barça, because that's the only club being penalized. It can get worse, if Fifa decide to do it for other clubs too.

We are penalized because we got warned and ignored it in every possible way
As for banning the kids,it is for all clubs already .most Spanish clubs were under investigation ,most of them lost some youngsters and accepted the rules to avoid being penalized
Most clubs in Europe probably doesn't have international kids that aren't under the rules .that alone is huge protection for those kids .
I think we are looking at this from our perspective only ,I highly doubt that there isn't a lot of clubs affected by the rules in Europe .just non of them will get media attention like Barca

Football is a crapshot at best ,the whole "kids are harmed" are from a very narrow pov IMO .many of those kids will get to have normal life in their homeland joining a local club and reassess what they want to do for living when they are older
For every Messi/Cr7 in football there are thousands of footballers in shitty clubs .for every club in Liga there are 18 clubs in 4th division .many of our youngsters who was considered promising ended up there or in 3rd division (Terron as an example)
You can say kids are harmed ,but I don't agree at all .I think they are fairly protected
For every rule/law there will be cases that the law are actually wrong . which can be the case for some of our youngsters but that doesn't mean to change the rule and stop protecting U-18 youngsters from agents/scouts greed in football

silvia

As for banning the kids,it is for all clubs already .most Spanish clubs were under investigation ,most of them lost some youngsters and accepted the rules to avoid being penalized
Most clubs in Europe probably doesn't have international kids that aren't under the rules .that alone is huge protection for those kids .
I think we are looking at this from our perspective only ,I highly doubt that there isn't a lot of clubs affected by the rules in Europe .just non of them will get media attention like Barca

Football is a crapshot at best ,the whole "kids are harmed" are from a very narrow pov IMO .many of those kids will get to have normal life in their homeland joining a local club and reassess what they want to do for living when they are older
For every Messi/Cr7 in football there are thousands of footballers in shitty clubs .for every club in Liga there are 18 clubs in 4th division .many of our youngsters who was considered promising ended up there or in 3rd division (Terron as an example)
You can say kids are harmed ,but I don't agree at all .I think they are fairly protected
For every rule/law there will be cases that the law are actually wrong . which can be the case for some of our youngsters but that doesn't mean to change the rule and stop protecting U-18 youngsters from agents/scouts greed in football

i don't think so. Fifa will try to look like they investigate other clubs, and i don't think that's much different from dealing the way, rather it is the power they have on.
and barca is the only rare club in the world who allows youth players to only train 2 or 3 hours a day and provide and support full education. I feel sorry for Sousa as he can be crushed at this early age.

F

Flavia

I'm not talking about the breaking of the rules. Just that those rules need to be modified, and properly done. By now Fifa is being arbitrary in the way they're doing things. Don't forget what kind of institution they are.

khaled_a_d

I'm not talking about the breaking of the rules. Just that those rules need to be modified, and properly done. By now Fifa is being arbitrary in the way they're doing things. Don't forget what kind of institution they are.

It should be altered in the way the deal with it and be more clear about immigrants/refugees etc. I can agree with that . but not with the whole rules .
They can't make exceptions for Barca or change the rules for us .it will open the door for a lot of other exceptions
I myself think the late crop of banned players were a bit harsh .even if the are expected to be cleared FIFA should have checked the paper b4 banning them

F

Flavia

It should be altered in the way the deal with it and be more clear about immigrants/refugees etc. I can agree with that . but not with the whole rules .
They can't make exceptions for Barca or change the rules for us .it will open the door for a lot of other exceptions
I myself think the late crop of banned players were a bit harsh .even if the are expected to be cleared FIFA should have checked the paper b4 banning them

Changing the law is not about making exceptions. The current law about signing minors is confusing, and badly written. Especially the sanctions part. It needs to be properly redone. Did you read the grup 14 text I posted above? Right now fifa is being completely arbitrary with Barça.

khaled_a_d

Changing the law is not about making exceptions. The current law about signing minors is confusing, and badly written. Especially the sanctions part. It needs to be properly redone. Did you read the grup 14 text I posted above? Right now fifa is being completely arbitrary with Barça.

I read it ,but let's be honest here .it is an article that is written by barca homers .you have to take with grain of salt here .
They will fault FIFA no matter what ,after all FIFA are the organization everyone loves to hate in football (even if they earned that a bit)

Home of Barca Fans