Barca TV

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched a great interview with Xavi on Barca TV. Spoke at length about his earliest days all the way through the latest time.
Would be great if we had a link somewhere to re-watch it

F1_STK

FC Barcelona have decided to permanently take down “Barça TV” on June 30.
“Barça TV” is a Spanish television channel operated by FC Barcelona.

Absolute discgrace.

Porque

BarcaTV will remain as an OTT platform, just not as a tv channel

So there will still be content generation and probably matches of the youth teams online.

What has happened is that the contract with the current production company has not been renewed upon expiration. Probably too much bloat though it is sad that so many will lose their jobs.

It is a bit of a non-story though as we are just streamlining the service.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, on the surface it does look bad for us, and I am sure there will be impact felt mostly by the local audience (and probably older ones) in Barcelona, Catalonia and the rest of Spain who actually tune in to watch the channel on TV, however Barça Studios, the real content creator for everything Barça is still alive and well and it will continue to churn out content for Barça TV+, our OTT platform and other online media platforms such as YouTube (we are the first sport club that reached 15m subscribers in the world), Twitch etc., which in the long run is the way to go, I think.

I subscribed to Barça TV on YouTube, I'd say they cover some other niche content that the club official channel doesn't cover (at least I didn't see them), but their work looks kind of amateurish. I just hope Barça TV+ and other platforms will pick up the content that Barça TV covered after it is gone.

Home of Barca Fans