Qatar Airways until 2020

Icarium

Lifestealer
That amount is somewhere around £44M, united is getting £53M and chelsea is getting £40M.

JamDav1982

That amount is somewhere around £44M, united is getting £53M and chelsea is getting £40M.

Manchester United are most supported club in world in the most watched league.

Chelsea have a massive fan base in most watched league.

Even average/small EPL teams get big sponsorship deals, bigger than the larger La Liga sides.

No one will come along and pay 75m to sponsor Barca.

Icarium

Lifestealer

Even average/small EPL teams get big sponsorship deals, bigger than the larger La Liga sides.

Any other sponsor with the same money is okay but for shady companies like qatar airways it has to be much higher. Having Qatar Airways will create some bad image for barca, it is not like they are paying huge amount. I don't see why we should continue with them, any other big company could offer the same amount.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

I'll take Chevrolet for 50M, but Qatar Airways ... it should be either pay BIG or gfto.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not bad but I expected a record deal. There's nothing unusual in asking a record for a record beating team with best player in the world.
Btw. Does that start from this year or the next (as old deal was until 2016)?

Andrew M

Take the exchange rate into account of euro vs. pound.. Euro's position has weakened this year but will improve with time against the £ I'm sure

jamrock

given that barca are one of the top 2/3 brands in world football/sports, any deal we get should reflect that, especially given our success over the past decade, and especially given that we have seen the deals signed by the likes of Man Utd, chelsea and the rest.

I mean if you are going to sell out, to some of the wealthiest people in the world at least do it properly, Man utd and getting crazy money from Chevy and DHL, While we have sold out everything at the club to Qatar for less, than Man Utd are getting from Chevy.

A few questions one needs to ask are:

are Man Utd a club that are orders of magnitude bigger than Fc Barcelona, if at all?
are chelsea a club, close to the size of FC Barcelona?.
are real madrid a much more popular and bigger club than Fc Barcelona?.

the answer to all of this is No, yet all these clubs are growing their revenues faster than us over the past couple of years.

Why? Because they all know how to successsfully market themselves.

Man Utd: Oh we are the biggest club in the world, our brand value is xzy
Real: We are the biggest, Must successul club in sports, give us more money

While this current Fc barcelona Board, has the most successful team in modern football, with the best player in history. two of the most liked players in the world( xavi and iniesta), the most popular young player in the world, a Handsome devil in pique at the back.

Yet they have failed to give Value to the Barcelona Brand over the years?

are you kidding me

Home of Barca Fans