Qatar Airways until 2020

JamDav1982

It is a good deal (again the euro/pound FX rate skews things a lot) but we could be getting even more. And on your final point, you hit the nail with a sledgehammer! It is inconceivable and nigh sacrilegious that United are getting much more money from Adidas than we are from Nike.

Man Utds reocord breaking deal is with Adidas. although may be getting more form Nike now but again it is timing and when these deals were signed.

StarLord

Man Utds reocord breaking deal is with Adidas. although may be getting more form Nike now but again it is timing and when these deals were signed.

Yes, I forgot that for a second, and that should make our hand stronger in any future negotiations. Nike are bigger than Adidas but what big clubs remain with them? If I am not mistaken, we are the only truly global team they have left.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yes, I forgot that for a second, and that should make our hand stronger in any future negotiations. Nike are bigger than Adidas but what big clubs remain with them? If I am not mistaken, we are the only truly global team they have left.

City is still with Nike, and PSG is a distant third. But not sure how "global" these two teams are, haven't met many of their fans outside of their home countries.

JamDav1982

Depends on how Nike are thinking though. It may well just be a sign they dont see these deals as viable, they didnt even seem to put up much fight for the Arsenal/Man Utd deals.

Only way could see them paying big at Barca is if it is more of a brand thing for them than a deal they directly expect money on.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As glorious as Barca’s record may be, it simply has not been able to harness its brand to the same extent as rivals Real Madrid (whose brand is $100 million more valuable) or the rapidly growing English teams.

"Thanks to sporting success and a squad stacked with legendary figures such as Messi and Neymar, Barcelona actually has the strongest brand of any club, rated AAA+ by Brand Finance."

Brand Finace

This says it all, we are the only Club with a AAA+ rating, but we are six on the list. we have simply failed to take advantage of our brand value over the past few years.

Can you imagine if man Utd/real where selling their shirt, for the first time in 100 years, they would be bathing in money

Do you have the source? I'd like to learn more about it. And what do you mean by "we are six on the list"? Which list?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Anyone know when Real Madrid's deal with Adidas runs out? Unless Nike manage to tie up RM, I can't see them not offering us a mega deal too, because if they don't then they'll lose the market completely.

StarLord

Depends on how Nike are thinking though. It may well just be a sign they dont see these deals as viable, they didnt even seem to put up much fight for the Arsenal/Man Utd deals.

Only way could see them paying big at Barca is if it is more of a brand thing for them than a deal they directly expect money on.

That is extremely valid and quite possible. But for Nike as a global brand, is it viable for them to exit the football shirt business? Despite being American, they know full well that soccer (ahem) is the one truly global sport. In any case, we should be getting top dollar from all our "partners", that is not remotely debatable.

StarLord

City is still with Nike, and PSG is a distant third. But not sure how "global" these two teams are, haven't met many of their fans outside of their home countries.

City and PSG have become big all of a sudden thanks to petrodollars. But still do not enjoy the global popularity of Barca/Real/United or even Liverpool/Milan/Arsenal.

Interlop

I would like us to continue with Nike, even though they screwed big time with the kits this year. Maybe this sudden change of shirt design will increase the sales, i don't know. If Nike is losing us, they are kind of losing the whole market because, to be honest, City and Juve are not as big and marketable as Barca, Real or Bayern. They should pay us a lot for a new contract, and by a lot I mean at least 90 million a year, considering we have Neymar, Suarez, Messi and the best team in the world for over a decade.

Alarcón

60 million a year is great for us as a Spanish team. United make more because more people watch the Premier League, believe it or not. How many people like us on Facebook or Twitter is insignificant in that regard, what's important is getting your brand out there and wishing for as many people as possible to see it. If no one watches Barcelona vs Getafe then no one sees Qatar Airways. As for United's Adidas deal, it runs until 2025, so 5+ years longer than all other top clubs. Despite the seemingly insane numbers, depending on how revenue grows, it's possible that towards the end of their deal, United will not even be in the top 5 anymore as others will have overtaken them.

Interlop

60 million a year is great for us as a Spanish team. United make more because more people watch the Premier League, believe it or not. How many people like us on Facebook or Twitter is insignificant in that regard, what's important is getting your brand out there and wishing for as many people as possible to see it. If no one watches Barcelona vs Getafe then no one sees Qatar Airways. As for United's Adidas deal, it runs until 2025, so 5+ years longer than all other top clubs. Despite the seemingly insane numbers, depending on how revenue grows, it's possible that towards the end of their deal, United will not even be in the top 5 anymore as others will have overtaken them.
Are you saying 60 mil from Q.A or Nike?

Galning

Exclusive footage leaked from where the rest of the Qatar money went to.

2008zs0.gif

Home of Barca Fans