Qatar Airways until 2020

ebc_99

given that barca are one of the top 2/3 brands in world football/sports, any deal we get should reflect that, especially given our success over the past decade, and especially given that we have seen the deals signed by the likes of Man Utd, chelsea and the rest.

I mean if you are going to sell out, to some of the wealthiest people in the world at least do it properly, Man utd and getting crazy money from Chevy and DHL, While we have sold out everything at the club to Qatar for less, than Man Utd are getting from Chevy.

A few questions one needs to ask are:

are Man Utd a club that are orders of magnitude bigger than Fc Barcelona, if at all?
are chelsea a club, close to the size of FC Barcelona?.
are real madrid a much more popular and bigger club than Fc Barcelona?.

the answer to all of this is No, yet all these clubs are growing their revenues faster than us over the past couple of years.

Why? Because they all know how to successsfully market themselves.

Man Utd: Oh we are the biggest club in the world, our brand value is xzy
Real: We are the biggest, Must successul club in sports, give us more money

While this current Fc barcelona Board, has the most successful team in modern football, with the best player in history. two of the most liked players in the world( xavi and iniesta), the most popular young player in the world, a Handsome devil in pique at the back.

Yet they have failed to give Value to the Barcelona Brand over the years?

are you kidding me

Barca & Real are miles out on front of everybody else in popularity, I don't know why some people say Man Utd are the biggest club, I have seen no evidence of that. All the surveys involving social media and the like have Barca and Real well on top, for shirt sales too.

CGBcYk0WIAAiifj.png

25A57A3000000578-2952436-image-a-72_1423838513328.jpg

Are negotiators are not good enough and that is the main problem, you can see that when we sell Fabregas and Sanchez for the same price Real sell Di Maria. If we had better negotiators then we would easily get the top deals, it will be interesting to see what our Nike renewal will be now.

jamrock

As glorious as Barca’s record may be, it simply has not been able to harness its brand to the same extent as rivals Real Madrid (whose brand is $100 million more valuable) or the rapidly growing English teams.

"Thanks to sporting success and a squad stacked with legendary figures such as Messi and Neymar, Barcelona actually has the strongest brand of any club, rated AAA+ by Brand Finance."

Brand Finace

This says it all, we are the only Club with a AAA+ rating, but we are six on the list. we have simply failed to take advantage of our brand value over the past few years.

Can you imagine if man Utd/real where selling their shirt, for the first time in 100 years, they would be bathing in money

Howes

Premiership is the most watched league in the world, especially in key growth markets like Asia. While Barcelona are the best team with the best players in the world, the Premiership simply monsters La Liga in viewership. Barcelona need to compete against Madrid for Sponsorship

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think people underestimate how bad our marketing team is right now.

This is quite a good deal, but could arguably get a bit more, from another sponsor too.

The deal I'm more interested in is the Nike one. We should be getting Man Utd level there.

JamDav1982

This is quite a good deal, but could arguably get a bit more, from another sponsor too.

The deal I'm more interested in is the Nike one. We should be getting Man Utd level there.

Was that deal not signed in 2008 by previous board though? For ten years!

StarLord

Manchester United are most supported club in world in the most watched league.

Chelsea have a massive fan base in most watched league.

Even average/small EPL teams get big sponsorship deals, bigger than the larger La Liga sides.

No one will come along and pay 75m to sponsor Barca.

You are 100% correct in that the EPL is the most popular league around the planet for mainly two reasons: a) People are stupid and b) The kick-off times of the EPL suit the Asian market much better than ours.

The fact of the matter is that we have been head and shoulders the best team in Europe in the last decade, but we have failed to fully capitalize on it commercially. We have succeeded in being the prime destination for world class players (every great player begs to join us most of the time)

Not only have we been the best club in the world in recent years, but Spanish football in general has left everybody else in its dust. Any measure one chooses to take, and both at international and club level, Spain owns all. Both we and LFP must push harder for more lucrative TV rights deals, sponsorship etc... As for this particular deal, it would appear far better if not for the temporary weakness in the value of the euro, but I think we can get an even better one. It is absurd and shameful that a random club from north-western England :)troll:) can get better commercial deals than the Class Act of Europe.

JamDav1982

As glorious as Barca’s record may be, it simply has not been able to harness its brand to the same extent as rivals Real Madrid (whose brand is $100 million more valuable) or the rapidly growing English teams.

"Thanks to sporting success and a squad stacked with legendary figures such as Messi and Neymar, Barcelona actually has the strongest brand of any club, rated AAA+ by Brand Finance."

Brand Finace

This says it all, we are the only Club with a AAA+ rating, but we are six on the list. we have simply failed to take advantage of our brand value over the past few years.

Can you imagine if man Utd/real where selling their shirt, for the first time in 100 years, they would be bathing in money

Barca were second on the Forbes list this year though so each study gives up different answers.

If the club could have got so much more than that record deal the members should not have approved it. All easy in hindsight.

DonAK

Was that deal not signed in 2008 by previous board though? For ten years!

Yes it was, but Bartomeu's board started talking with Nike about a new deal already. Bayern and Man Utd are getting insane numbers from Adidas and we should really be getting what they are. There should be no two-ways about it.

IIRC then I remember reading in MD that Barca could enter negotiations about a new deal in 2016, two years before it expires.

JamDav1982

Yes it was, but Bartomeu's board started talking with Nike about a new deal already. Bayern and Man Utd are getting insane numbers from Adidas and we should really be getting what they are. There should be no two-ways about it.

IIRC then I remember reading in MD that Barca could enter negotiations about a new deal in 2016.

Nike refused to go anywhere the Man Utd Adidas level though so not sure they will go that high.

Would love it if Nike scaled back a bit on the manufacturing of kits but saw Barca as one of their teams that promote a certain standard and class. Resulting in big money. Hard to know what they think though as they seem to be backing out from the big deals - Man U, Arsenal etc.

F

Flavia

Faus is the one responsible for the new qatar deal. Maybe a more capable person would do better.

JamDav1982

Faus is the one responsible for the new qatar deal. Maybe a more capable person would do better.

How do you think Laporta will anser the question about the deal on the table from Qatar?

I find the politics involved all really interesting with this issue.

DonAK

Nike refused to go anywhere the Man Utd Adidas level though so not sure they will go that high.

Would love it if Nike scaled back a bit on the manufacturing of kits but saw Barca as one of their teams that promote a certain standard and class. Resulting in big money. Hard to know what they think though as they seem to be backing out from the big deals - Man U, Arsenal etc.

In 2008 it was a good deal. This deal expires at a very bad time for Nike. With Adidas striking mega deals with Man Utd and Bayern. They've lost Man Utd and Arsenal. I don't think they can afford to lose Barca too so we're in a very good position when it's time to sit down and talk. Because we can easily get that much money elsewhere too and Nike knows it.

StarLord

It is a good deal (again the euro/pound FX rate skews things a lot) but we could be getting even more. And on your final point, you hit the nail with a sledgehammer! It is inconceivable and nigh sacrilegious that United are getting much more money from Adidas than we are from Nike.

JamDav1982

In 2008 it was a good deal. This deal expires at a very bad time for Nike. With Adidas striking mega deals with Man Utd and Bayern. They've lost Man Utd and Arsenal. I don't think they can afford to lose Barca too so we're in a very good position when it's time to sit down and talk. Because we can easily get that much money elsewhere too and Nike knows it.

Of course it was a good deal, a bit long but it was a good deal. Totally agree.

Not blaming them for it at all but it just means near end of deal when prices paid for the manufacturing has rocketed it puts Barca in an unfortunate place in terms of revenue for this.

The shirt deal is exactly the same.

Its about timing on those good deals signed at time coming to an end.

Home of Barca Fans