How would we play without Messi ?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Since we still don't know who our new middfielders are, or if our board is seriously pursuing other options than Pogba/Gundogan, it got me thinking about what would have been of us this season without Messi.

Basically, our game plan for most of the games was give the ball to Messi and let him improvise something, a run, a long pass, etc etc.. I think he has made the lack of creativity from our middfielders go totally unnoticed this season.

Now, no jinxing intended, but how do you think we'd cope without Messi ? Who would step up to do the creative work?

I personally don't see Rakitic in that role, nor Busquets, and Iniesta has been abysmal for most of the season.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
No one can do what Messi can. We'd be decent but not any where near as good as we are now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Great question. We are a different team without Messi, simply put, still one of the elite teams but I am afraid not one of the best. To your point, not just about the goals Messi scores for us, but more about how we will suffer from the lack of creativity in the midfield without him.

I actually have been pondering that question too lately. What happens when we don't have Messi any more? And even when we still have him, we should come up with plans to reduce Messidependencia as much as possible. I don't have any answers myself.

Vlom

No one can do what Messi can. We'd be decent but not any where near as good as we are now.

Great question. We are a different team without Messi, simply put, still one of the elite teams but I am afraid not one of the best. To your point, not just about the goals Messi scores for us, but more about how we will suffer from the lack of creativity in the midfield without him.

I actually have been pondering that question too lately. What happens when we don't have Messi any more? And even when we still have him, we should come up with plans to reduce Messidependencia as much as possible. I don't have any answers myself.

Of course we wouldn't be the same, but I think Barça with Xaviesta in form + Neymar + Suarez could still challenge/win the league, while Barça 2015 would suffer a lot to even finish 2nd without Messi.

The question is about, thinking of what would THIS actual barça perform like if Messi was injured for example (god forbid)... our middfield was great for what was asked of it, and we have been lucky to have Messi play almost every minute of every game, but take him out of the line up; and I honestly can't guess who'd create the goals, so many of them have started with him this season.

khaled_a_d

We will be more like the Robben less Bayern team we faced with better defensive organization and a bit better attack
still one of the top teams but lack something creative ,Suarez is one of the world best attacker and Neymar is probably top 5 players in the world right now but Suarez need to get passes and Neymar is the worst out of MSN in creating chances for teammates ,it is an area he will have to develope

Vegeta

We'll have Suarez and Neymar hopefully, so, a creative playmaker would be idea, someone that can play in advanced midfield and behind the forwards.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Without Xavi Iniesta in peak form and without messi? we would be lucky to finish 3rd. Neymar will have to be at his absolute best, suarez and neymar should form a duo like suarez and sturridge. Entire team should be very good in defense like now and be damn good in transition. Ney and luis can kill any team with their counter attacks. We have to become and a complete counter attacking team, we can't create enough chances without messi. Pedro needs to be at his absolute best. Considering everything works we can finish 2nd, there is no way we can defeat madrid without messi. And with effort we can reach quarters of CL and semis of copa.

Neymessi

We are playing and suddenly messi gets injured.We will look out of ideas.We start the game without messi,we will play decent.We did not lose much or rather nothing when messi was injured last season.

silvia

it is impossible to replace his skills. at least for this decade.
would messi play copa america in 2016?
if barca can't rely on messi's crack skills then it can devise other characters, i.e. speed, pressing(like atletico..) etc... anyway it would be harsh. that's why we need to develop la masia talents' skills from the very young.
i think messi should take rotation, especially this season with intense schedules ...:bash::bash:

johann

we're playing pretty well without Messi. To be honest I did not expect that we will achieve such results

Neymessi

We were thought by many including barca fans that we are nothing without messi.Its clear now though that we are still world class without him.

Vlom

We were thought by many including barca fans that we are nothing without messi.Its clear now though that we are still world class without him.

Indeed! But no one (at least not most barça fans) really doubted that we were world class even without him, by world class I mean as good as Real for example (hahaha).

But with Messi we're realistically the favourites to win everything, every season .. he makes us extraordinary, not just world class.

Neymessi

Indeed! But no one (at least not most barça fans) really doubted that we were world class even without him, by world class I mean as good as Real for example (hahaha).

But with Messi we're realistically the favourites to win everything, every season .. he makes us extraordinary, not just world class.

Of course with messi we are better.But when messi used to be out for one game and we used to play bad,people used to think we are crap without him but the reason for playing bad for a few matches without messi is players were not used to play without him.Even now when he was injured we played bad in the first few matches but become better afterwards.There were a considerable amount of people here who thought we play bad without him.Most of the people here were thinking that we would be behind real till messi came back.Turned out we went ahead by 3 points.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??

Pls, we don't need messi to make the difference in the small impact games we played during his absence.
Messi makes the difference when the stakes are high. For example we would have lost to bayern in the semis last season if not for messi.
So yes, messi is barca's alpha and omega.

Neymessi

Pls, we don't need messi to make the difference in the small impact games we played during his absence.
Messi makes the difference when the stakes are high. For example we would have lost to bayern in the semis last season if not for messi.
So yes, messi is barca's alpha and omega.

Not all matches were small impact games in la liga.And if you read carefully,I said we are still amazing without him,and even better with him.

Home of Barca Fans