Anthony Martial

BenRobbins

https://youtu.be/LSQZj1NBRZc

Thats just this year under Jose.

Imagine with a WC left back helping him out with overlaps and playing with better players in a more attacking system.

Such a stupid move by Woodward if he lets JM sell him. Was hoping he would see it out 1 more year till he got sacked but obviously is fed up.

Messi983

Am I the only one who sees him more as a CF anyway?

Ideal replacement of Suarez.

Do you guys see him as someone who would score 30+ goals every season? I'm not sure but I haven't watched him that much.

Thiago/Eriksen + Martial > Griezmann

But we won't get Thiago and Martial for the price of Griezmann. And we would probably get both Thiago and Griezmann for what Levy would demand for Eriksen.

MTL_Barca

I don't think we'll go for him but whoever does will get a great talent imo. It's just Mourinho all over again, he will probably not end up on Salah/De Bruyne level but i think he can become world class with the right coach.

Signing Alexis on a crazy huge contract was so unnecessary when you have great talents like him, but to each their own.

BBZ8800

I don't think that he will ever be a world class player.
Sometimes coaches are blind, but sometimes a player is just on a level of Borussia/Arsenal/Roma/Monaco.

Imo, Martial will never be on a level for Barca/Real/Bayern/City.
He is a guy for Roma and similar.

Givenchy

I don't think that he will ever be a world class player.
Sometimes coaches are blind, but sometimes a player is just on a level of Borussia/Arsenal/Roma/Monaco.

Imo, Martial will never be on a level for Barca/Real/Bayern/City.
He is a guy for Roma and similar.

i disagree with him not ever being a world class player, Mbappe and Dembele have stole alot of the hype but Martial has great potential but we'll see if his attitude keeps him from reaching it.

Dortmund would be a perfect move for him imo, United should loan him or sell with a buyback. Mourinho will probably only be there 1 more season as hes already throwing players under the bus and blaming everyone but himself.

this is KdB all over again, I wonder when clubs will realize Mourinho is an outdated dinosaur

FCBfan22

Well, if Griezmann doesn't come, he's worth a 40 million bid.

A lot of people profited from Mourinho rejects, it's time for us to try and do that once. He can't be worse than Deloufeu.

Givenchy

This is one in a lifetime opportunity coming to us this summer while this board chasing a clown. Thiago and Martial at discount!

once in a lifetime opportunity to sit on another bench though? fr we should try Martial-Messi-Dembele but we all know Suarez is undroppable

BenRobbins

Martial has shown far more than Salah and KDB had at the age of 22. He is ridiculously talented and has shown it playing in a poor United team these last 3 years.

He got 20 Mins from the bench at the start of the season then forced his way into the team. Won player of the month 3 times, was in cracking form then got dropped for Sanchez and hasn't had a look in since.

Hasn't he got one of the best minutes per goal/assist across Europe this season?

United have briefed the media saying we wont let him go but thats probably to drive the price up.

BBZ8800

i disagree with him not ever being a world class player, Mbappe and Dembele have stole alot of the hype but Martial has great potential but we'll see if his attitude keeps him from reaching it.

Dortmund would be a perfect move for him imo, United should loan him or sell with a buyback. Mourinho will probably only be there 1 more season as hes already throwing players under the bus and blaming everyone but himself.

this is KdB all over again, I wonder when clubs will realize Mourinho is an outdated dinosaur

He is a talented player, like lots of others.
But there is a huge step between being good enough for Arsenal/Roma and being good enough for Barca/Real.
Even our own Dembele, there are huge question marks whether he will ever be Barca's level (key player) or will he turn into Borussia/Arsenal/Utd/Tottenham level of a player.

About Martial:
1. he is not fast
2. he is a good dribbler but not out of this world
3. he is not out of this world finisher

He isn't out of this world in any particular skill.
He isn't out of this world as a winger, nor as a CF.

He looks like improved Sergi Roberto.
Useful for all positions, not a world class in any skill or at any position.

I don't see a new KDB in him.
I do see a guy who will change 5-10 clubs in his career, something like Quaresma, Saviola, Geovanni Deiberson, Bojan Krkic or other talents who never made it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans