Anthony Martial

Xavinho

Club: AS Monaco
Date of birth: 5 December 1995 (age 19)
Place of birth: Massy, France
Height: 1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)
Position: Forward

He's been talked about for a while as the next big thing from France, but I think 2014-15 has been the season when he's started to realise some of that potential. Considering his age I thought he did well against Arsenal and scoring that late goal against PSG must have helped his confidence.

[youtube]Rups8obfpKI[/youtube]

MaxY

Devil May Cry
FM Legend . France has some great attacking players lately (Benzema,Lacazette, Martial, Griezzman etc).

Xavinho

He is going to Tottenham for 25 million euros. Great move for spurs.

But not necessarily a great move for Martial. I think he's better off building on his achievements in 2014/15 by staying at Monaco for another season where he's certain to get a lot of minutes. He'll get Champions League experience there as well which he won't get at Spurs. It could possibly even help him secure a spot in the French team for Euro 2016, and after that he might attract the attention of some bigger clubs than Tottenham. If he goes to Spurs now he'll be stuck there for years because they're always difficult to deal with regarding transfers.

Jair Ventura

He isn't going to the Spurs. Monaco is a superior club to the latter and will be playing UCL football as his clubs primary striker. Why would he leave when Monaco needs no money?

Note that no major French publications have picked up the story. English media getting ahead of themselves, again.

BenRobbins

It came from france and sshq have used their own sources so i would say there is a good chance of it happening. I know it doesn't make to much sense for the player but who knows the reasoning.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
1. Tottenham's got more money, so probably better wages
2. You're more likely to make a big move to a club like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich from Tottenham than straight from Monaco

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
How many players go from top teams from a team like Tottenham or Liverpool compared to a team like Monaco or Lyon?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
No one is leaving Ligue1 this season, if not to go to PSG, Juvens forbids it! :lol:

Home of Barca Fans