Anthony Martial

BenRobbins

Strange Criticism, he has been class recently. Still abit raw but is getting better, looks to be enjoying himself again and is still 22.

He cost £36 Million rising to 56 if he gets in the ballon dor shortlist so not sure where 80 has come from.

Gilberto

Strange Criticism, he has been class recently. Still abit raw but is getting better, looks to be enjoying himself again and is still 22.

He cost £36 Million rising to 56 if he gets in the ballon dor shortlist so not sure where 80 has come from.

Bear in mind I was talking about euros instead of pounds.

Givenchy

is this the same martial.i know you re talking.bout? lmao !

this guy is.going.to be another.theo.walcot. a 30 years old young prospect who.will.never make it. his.close control.is.good but it.aint better.than.halilovic`s. That.one particular thing is.not.going.to take you.anywhere.if you are.shit.in.other.areas.. and he is shit.at everything.else.

comparing Martial to Halilovic :facepalm: cmon dude, Martial has atleast proven himself somewhat in the PL and he did pretty well in a dysfunctional team, Mourinho usually ruins youngsters but martial has done pretty well this season

serghei

I think he is a great talent. But I trust Dembele and think he can become a greater player than him.

BenRobbins

Dembele was a main man at Dortmund at 19. Martial's been spinning his wheels at United for a while now.

Martial was the main man at United in LVG's second season.

I think dembele has a lot more potential but you are crazy to say he has been spinning wheels lol

Last season was not the best for him but hes come back hungry and focused so far.

Right now they are both just talented youngsters who need to be given time.

But theres no point trying to reason with somebody who has Dembele as their username and Pic.

Martial was the main man at United in LVG's second season.

I think dembele has a lot more potential but you are crazy to say he has been spinning wheels lol

Last season was not the best for him but hes come back hungry and focused so far.

Right now they are both just talented youngsters who need to be given time.

But theres no point trying to reason with somebody who has Dembele as their username and Pic.

:lol: Fair enough.

oggydude

Dembele is an exceptional talent and has a higher ceiling but Martial has proven himself more than him. In his first season he scored 17 goals when at Dembele's age and looks to beat that this season with 11, whereas Dembele has never scored more than 10 & is yet to score at Barcelona. The second season Martial had to deal with losing his wife and a system change with a new manager who didn't trust his abilities. Martial at 20 definitely possessed more of a eye for goal than Dembele.

krakdol

Dembele is an exceptional talent and has a higher ceiling but Martial has proven himself more than him. In his first season he scored 17 goals when at Dembele's age and looks to beat that this season with 11, whereas Dembele has never scored more than 10 & is yet to score at Barcelona. The second season Martial had to deal with losing his wife and a system change with a new manager who didn't trust his abilities. Martial at 20 definitely possessed more of a eye for goal than Dembele.

As a French fan I know them both very well. Martial is the better scorer (finisher), but Dembele is the better football player by a country mile. He's the one who has proven the most.

In France team, Dembele already showed a lot more than Martial in less time. Martial is a sub at best in France team, he has a hard time even being on the bench right now. Dembele would probably start if he was fit, that's how good he is (watch games like France - England, Dortmund - Bayern cup final and tell me Martial is better). And you mustn't watch a lot of Bundesliga, because Dembele was one of the best players there last year. In his first year there and at age 19.

He just couldn't show that in Spain yet but that's only because he's injured. Dembele played like 1 game and a half for your team ffs, if you want to know him watch Dortmund / France videos, but stop making comments about an injured player who hardly started playing for your team.

Or do you think clubs spend 150 million on an average player ? Only a few players in the world are worth that sum (less than 10, even today)

Last edited:

oggydude

I said he has a higher ceiling but I think we just value different attributes on attacking players. Dembele definitely is better at opening up defences (which is highly respected on this forum) via his dribbling ability but to me an attackers worth is valued on his goal scoring ability first, something which Dembele has not totally proven himself on and hence do not think he is as effective as Martial at his age. Unfortunately his injury has stalled his opportunity to prove me wrong but until he starts developing stats such as a 150m forward should I will not use his price tag as a marker for ability.

Givenchy

Martial/Mbappe are different to Dembele so its hard to compare. Dembele as i see it is more assist orientated, hes a creator. Mbappe/Martial are forwards, i think at Dortmund Tuchel even played Dembele in the CAM position at times last season. all in all though what a future France have if the 3 of them can reach their potentials.

El Flaco

According to Bouhafsi, Martial don't want to extend his contract as he's seeking for an exit from Man Utd

[tw]983691769492770816[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans