• Montoya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mathieu

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Rafinha

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GOAT_SUAREZ

Mascherano to me, but he is not young so they will choose Piqué as 4th captain. The joke to me is that Busquets is 3rd captain.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I believe you have to have a Catalan as Captain but Mascherano is always a smart choice...I'd still prefer Busquets over Piqué but Gerard is nearly there, for me

Stric

I believe you have to have a Catalan as Captain but Mascherano is always a smart choice...I'd still prefer Busquets over Piqué but Gerard is nearly there, for me

Iniesta isn't Catalan, neither is Messi. And they're the 1st and 2nd captains. There's no rule about who is eligible. The players vote among themselves.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Iniesta isn't Catalan, neither is Messi. And they're the 1st and 2nd captains. There's no rule about who is eligible. The players vote among themselves.

This is a Catalan club, don't forget 3 Catalan captains have left in the past year - no chance there won't be another

Stric

This is a Catalan club, don't forget 3 Catalan captains have left in the past year - no chance there won't be another

Did you even read the post you were replying to? The players vote for captaincy. If the players vote for non-Catalan players, then non-Catalans will be captains. The captain and the 2nd captain are already non-Catalan. There's no rulebook for who gets to be captain and who doesn't. But Busquets is already made 3rd, to there you go.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
As I have already said, repeatedly - Catalan club, it's only normal that there is at least 1 Catalan captain

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm seeing some subtly rude and snidey comments from you lately. Chill out, we are treble winners.

I should try to be more level headed with some comparisons like Gai Assulin to Deulofeu

This is Barcelona - winning comes naturally but the manner in which you do is what has set the club apart

goope

Capitán sin Brazalete - Captain without the Armband

"A man who does anything and everything required of him with no complaints, is the backbone of this team and will continue to be even more so now that both Carles Puyol and Xavi Hernández are gone."

"Who would have thought that when Javier Mascherano was signed in 2011 by Pep Guardiola, seemingly as a luxurious alternative to Sergio Busquets, that he would become an absolute certainty on the team sheet as a central defender and become the unofficial team captain, the one Luis Enrique relies upon to get things done on the pitch?"

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans