• Montoya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mathieu

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Rafinha

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stric

The whole Las Vegas thing I'm apparently not as familiar with as you are. It's unlikely that he went to Las Vegas during the week, because the team have training sessions almost every day during the season. He can't just pack his bags and go to another continent unless they're on a break or something.

JamDav1982

The whole Las Vegas thing I'm apparently not as familiar with as you are. It's unlikely that he went to Las Vegas during the week, because the team have training sessions almost every day during the season. He can't just pack his bags and go to another continent unless they're on a break or something.

Also he certainly cant do it without the permission of the club.

goope

When did Pique go to Las Vegas and party with a shit performance a few days later?

There are different types of captains and Messi does talk to his team mates. One things foe sure - when Messi talks they listen.

I think it was one or two years ago.

You are right, there a different types of captains. I think Messi is a great leader but not an official captain if you understand what I mean.

Goope, you keep ignoring the obvious fact that Pique hasn't shown such behavior in quite a while. Yes, he has done it in the past, no one is denying it. But he isn't that guy anymore, and it's unlikely that he'll get more immature as time goes by.

More unlikely than Mascherano doing it?
If not, why making Pique captain over Mascherano?

JamDav1982

I think it was one or two years ago.

You are right, there a different types of captains. I think Messi is a great leader but not an official captain if you understand what I mean.

More unlikely than Mascherano doing it?
If not, why making Pique captain over Mascherano?

Sorry but can you be a bit more specific about when he went to Vegas then played shit a few days later?

I think you have that wrong.

Stric

The only Google results that have anything to do with Pique playing poker in Vegas are from July 2014 and July 2013, which was off-season in both cases, and after the World Cup in the case of 2014.

That's not to say that Pique hasn't had his share of stupid situations and bad performances. But it wasn't poker related, and claiming that he left in the middle of the week to go player poker in Vegas, then came back and played a bad game during the weekend is ill-informed, to say the least.

But if you insist on emphasizing Pique's bad performances, why don't you mention that Mascherano was a disaster at CB for quite a while?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
mascherano captain is a no brainer. i think messi wouldn't enjoy being captain, leave him out of it.

Stric

I see you're trying really hard to push this anti-Pique agenda, and that's fine, but seriously, would you just stop with the Vegas thing? It's simply incorrect.

And technically, yes he can buy a ticket and just disappear, but if he did that, he would be severely fined and probably suspended for a while. You seem to be unaware of how things work at their level.

JamDav1982

that's a bad decision imo. let messi do his own thing without extra baggage.

I would guess Messi likes being captain, his performances for Argentina picked up massively when given arm band and players ego means they do like to be the one holding the trophies aloft.

He will be captain after Iniesta for sure.

goope

Pique Las Vegas:

I think it was during some christmas holidays or after they had a few days off during the season. Certainly not when they had training.

About Mascherano being inconsistent: Yeah, that's true. But Puyol wasn't great in the last years either. Still he always gave 100%. Iit's not only about how good you are, it's about the effort you put in. I think Mascherano puts in more effort than Pique but you are of course free to see it differently, I might be completely wrong since I don't know how every player trains every week. Alright, I am going to sleep now, have a good night!
[MENTION=2258]Hamzah[/MENTION]
Think you are right. Messi wouldn't enjoy it as much as others since - as I said before - is more a natural leader on the pitch than an official captain who also has to do the talking on and off the pitch. I always wonder if Barca would have made him captain over Mascherano if they'd not have changed the captain in Argentina some time before. Probably Messi would still be captain because he is a Barca player for a longer time.

JamDav1982

Pique Las Vegas:

I think it was during some christmas holidays or after they had a few days off during the season. Certainly not when they had training.

About Mascherano being inconsistent: Yeah, that's true. But Puyol wasn't great in the last years either. Still he always gave 100%. Iit's not only about how good you are, it's about the effort you put in. I think Mascherano puts in more effort than Pique but you are of course free to see it differently, I might be completely wrong since I don't know how every player trains every week. Alright, I am going to sleep now, have a good night!
[MENTION=2258]Hamzah[/MENTION]
Think you are right. Messi wouldn't enjoy it as much as others since - as I said before - is more a natural leader on the pitch than an official captain who also has to do the talking on and off the pitch. I always wonder if Barca would have made him captain over Mascherano if they'd not have changed the captain in Argentina some time before. Probably Messi would still be captain because he is a Barca player for a longer time.

The Pique/Vegas thing didnt happen.

goope

Mascherano should be captain imo, he is the only natural leader type left in the squad.

Hmm..my feeling. You can make someone captain or you can officially give someone the armband who already is a captain.
Well, we will see how the club decides. Good night all!

Home of Barca Fans