Pedro renews contract until 30 June 2019

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Great news :D

If I had to guess, with Enrique staying, he'll keep only Munir.

Based on minutes this season and how Lucho left it last season, probably...But, we've seen Luis Enrique change how he does things and combined with the biggest influencing factor, a new board, it may shape how the club handles it's youth players

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Our new youngster forwards aren't that great, I think it's right that there should only be one alongside Pedro to backup the front three.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Our new youngster forwards aren't that great, I think it's right that there should only be one alongside Pedro to backup the front three.

I would prefer to wait and give little more chances to our young forwards before making that decision. We don't need a starter anyway, immediate backup is pedro is enough for now. For depth our young forwards are decent enough imo. Just give them chances and if they don't perform we can always venture into transfer market.

Neeraj

Great news! But how did this happen exactly? No playing time, no future expected playing time (apart from injuries)..and poor form, coupled with the player himself saying he was unhappy and the fans having come to terms that it's probably for in his best interest to leave. How did this deal happen? I'm happy it did, but am really confused as to how it did :lol:

barcanuck

I'm torn, I want him to stay until the transfer ban is over but any more than that he will be impeding precious time for kids like Adama, Munir, or whoever breaks out from La Masia in 2 years.

This happened with Xavi where he forced Thiago out. I am willing to bet you will see Munir and Adama permanently sold or long term loaned next year.

I'd rather have a kid in 2 years with hungry legs and happy to be a sub for MSN than 30 year old Pedro.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How did Xavi force Thiago out? If anything then Cesc's signing was a reason(not Cesc himself) for his potential playing time cut short. I don't think the board or the coach really rated Thiago as much as some other people do, because if they had then he would have played towards the end of the season, even if only to avoid his buyout cut short at 20m.

barcanuck

How did Xavi force Thiago out? If anything then Cesc's signing was a reason(not Cesc himself) for his potential playing time cut short. I don't think the board or the coach really rated Thiago as much as some other people do, because if they had then he would have played towards the end of the season, even if only to avoid his buyout cut short at 20m.

Personal opinion that Xavi was too stubborn to get out of the way. Even this year he thought he played too little. He is one of the best ever but should of accepted a lighter work load as of 2 years ago.

As much as I love Pedrito, why are we doing that ?!! I'd promote Adama , possibly another youngster than renew for Pedro !!

JamDav1982

As much as I love Pedrito, why are we doing that ?!! I'd promote Adama , possibly another youngster than renew for Pedro !!

Adama is nowhere near ready for first team and Pedro is as good a back up player as Barca will get.

Would be crazy decsion to promote any youngster in place of Pedro when there is a transfer ban.

Home of Barca Fans