Lassa Tyres , new partner of FC Barcelona

hamidyk

Lassa Tyres, new main partner of the professional sections

Turkey’s leading tyre manufacturer has become an official partner of the Club and will give its name to the Basketball, Handball, Futsal and Roller Hockey teams

2015-06-02_ACUERDO_PRESIDENTE_03.v1433269768.JPG

On Tuesday, FC Barcelona and Lassa Tyres signed a global partnership agreement with Turkey’s leading tyre manufacturer, whereby the latter becomes the main partner of the professional sections and, at the same time, an official partner of the Club in relation to football for the next four seasons. The agreement will be in force until 1 June 2015, and makes Lassa the “official tyre” of FC Barcelona.

This is the first time that the Club’s professional sections (basketball, handball, futsal and roller hockey) have shared the same main partner. This means that the four teams will wear the Lassa name on the front of their shirts and all of them will be known by the same name, FC Barcelona Lassa until 30 June 2019.

The signing of the deal between FC Barcelona and the Brisa company, the seventh biggest tyre manufacturer in Europe and the owner of the Lassa Tyres brand, took place on Tuesday on the Club facilities in the presence of the CEO of Brisa (a joint venture of Turkey's Sabancı Holding and Bridgestone) Hakan Bayman, president Josep Maria Bartomeu and first vice-president Javier Faus. A press conference is being planned for a later date, when the agreement will be officially presented.

The deal grants Lassa Tyres association and image rights, advertising and promotion rights, and hospitality rights, among others, both in relation to the professional sections and the Palau Blaugrana and to football and the Camp Nou. In addition, players like Messi, Neymar Jr, Luis Suárez, Iniesta, Juan Carlos Navarro, Víctor Tomàs, Sergio Lozano and Aitor Egurrola, among others, will be taking part in promotional campaigns for Lassa.

Statement by Brisa CEO Hakan Bayman:

“FC Barcelona is among the world’s most appreciated clubs. It is a club that sets an example in traditional values and social vision, and has a strong academy culture that delivers success in sports. We believe that Brisa’s respect for people and the environment, and our focus on sustainable development, are in line with FC Barcelona’s deep-rooted values. At Brisa, we believe that our leading brand in the tyre industry, Lassa Tyres, is the perfect match for FC Barcelona. Today, vehicle owners and drivers can find Lassa in more than 60 countries. We will continue to proudly represent our country in global markets through this cooperation. We are already excited about joining forces in new projects with FC Barcelona, a club that values social responsibility highly, just like Brisa.”

Statement by FC Barcelona vice-president Javier Faus:

"This is a great day for FC Barcelona’s professional sections. We had an ambitious objective, which was to find a global partner for all of the Club’s sections and thus boost the strength of our multi-sport status. Now we have one and we feel very satisfied. Lassa Tyres forms part of a leading industrial group in Turkey, where Barça is a big name and where we already have very important partners. This agreement takes us even closer to our fans around the world thanks to the worldwide arena in which Lassa Tyres operates. This partnership provides support and impulse for our sections, which are an integral part of us being More than a Club".

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/det...ner-of-the-professional-sections-fc-barcelona

Eetu

Adormit
Club looks busy lately with marketing.

I guess I've grown cynical, first thoughts were that they're either trying to make the books look good before elections or see this as their last chance to pocket some kickbacks.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Did I read this right:

This means that the four teams will wear the Lassa name on the front of their shirts and all of them will be known by the same name, FC Barcelona Lassa until 30 June 2019.

Does that mean that the name of some of the sporting teams have now been changed to FC Barcelona Lassa?

If that is the case then how long until the football team will be called 'FC Barcelona Qatar' in exchange for a few quid. :shakeshead:

Last edited:

barca1899

Did I read this right:

Does that mean that the name of some of the sporting teams have now been changed to FC Barcelona Lassa?

If that is the case then how long until the football team will be called 'FC Barcelona Qatar' in exchange for a few quid. :shakeshead:

Yes. It's nothing new that the shirt sponsors are added into the team name.

barca1899

The basketball team:

FC Barcelona Banca Catalana 1993–97
Winterthur FC Barcelona 2004–07
AXA FC Barcelona 2007–08
Regal FC Barcelona 2008–2011
FC Barcelona Regal 2011–2013

The handball team:

2014/15 - FC Barcelona
2012/13 - FC Barcelona Intersport
2010/11 - F.C. Barcelona Borges
2007/08 - FC Barcelona
2006/07 - FC Barcelona-Cifec
2004/05 - FC Barcelona
2004/05 - FC Barcelona Cifec
2004/05 - FC Barcelona-Cifec
2003/04 - FC Barcelona

Altomonte

I have a hard time understanding why the world's #1 football team is signing with the #7 tire manufacturer in Europe. Can't we do better than that? How about Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli, Bridgestone. I hope they pay a lot for getting their name on our precious jersey.

vukkapor

I have a hard time understanding why the world's #1 football team is signing with the #7 tire manufacturer in Europe. Can't we do better than that? How about Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli, Bridgestone. I hope they pay a lot for getting their name on our precious jersey.

More money ?

Chainsaw

Killahead
More money ?

Ofc There'll be more money. Those mentioned names are among top 5 tire makers in the world alongside Continental. Not Lassa of Brisa which is not even in top 20. They only called it #7 tire manufacturer in Europe" because calling it "the 28th tire manufacturer in the world" was more embarrassing for a club like FC Barcelona.

Altomonte

I just noticed that Brisa is a joint venture including Bridgestone, the Japanese giant. So we are wrong about accusing Barca management to deal with an also-run. Instead it seems that Lassa will get access to Bridgestone technology. A smart move by Lassa to team with Barca, still unbalanced in terms of name recognition and prestige, but possibly a reasonable deal with high risk attached. I hope that Barca negotiated with Bridgestone as well and will develop this association with a global leader.

Last edited:

serghei

Did I read this right:

Barca Handbol had brands included in the name in the past as well. FC BARCELONA BORGES or FC BARCELONA INTERSPORT come to mind.

Home of Barca Fans