Defense against Manchester United

defense against Manchester United?

• Total voters
V

Vidic

Who is this caraces guy? How is he rated in Spain? Havent seen him play for barca this season.

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Full back is the easiest position to adjust to, when you really need Toure in the midfield, why not play an unfamiliar at right back. then you're only adjust the position of one player rather two.

exactly anyone who has ever played fullback knows its the easiest position to play, i think martin can do a great job at RB man to man with his pace and tackling, whilst keita; if youre good enough to play CM you can play LB. Sylvinho would be an absolute liability, he couldnt defend when he had legs, the only player i would be confident about seeing him up against is Park.

kiki#8

Puyol--Toure--Pique--Caceres/Keita

I'm pretty sure in this defence in final.
I would rather see Caceres start on LB, but i think that Keita will play LB.

ceefoo

Defence vs Man Utd

Full back is the easiest position to adjust to, when you really need Toure in the midfield, why not play an unfamiliar at right back. then you're only adjust the position of one player rather two.

It would be a massive gamble to play Yaya at CB. He doesn’t have the positional sense that is an absolute necessity to occupy this crucial role. He also lacks the awareness and foresight to direct the play in front of him when opposing attackers move the defence around to create space.

Against Chel$ski in the UCL semi-final he performed admirably but was caught out of position several times, including standing wrong side of the CF and only due to his pace and power was he able to get himself out of trouble. I am not having a go at him btw, far from it I think he did really well considering he was playing out of position and it was such a difficult contest, he never let us down.

Man Utd though are a different proposition. If Yaya plays CB in the final, Manu will tear us apart. We need experienced heads in the back four. That’s why it is essential we play Puyol alongside Pique at CB.
Plus using him in his favoured midfield role would be much more advantageous in how the team performs. His presence in midfield plays a huge part in how we control the midfield and dominate the ball, imo Busquets is not ready to take up the mantle in such a massive game.

Caceras/Keita—Pique—Puyol—Sylvinho
:caceres:/:keita:----:pique:--:puyol:----:sylvinho:

L

LUJAN

FB is not the hardest of course...but with ronaldo and rooney...damn... i dunno how keitas gonna prepare for that. hmm..i just want to make sure yaya plays in midfield and bosses it..

Benetton

The Rolling Stone
Really missing Marquez, Alves and Abidal.... Manchester has a little edge due to our defense. I hope Sylvinho, Pique, Toure, Puyol do a great job in restricting mancs from entering our half line.

All Barca need is attacking and stone-wall defense. Possession is the key!

Valdes, Pique, Sylvinho, Puyol, Toure/Xavi-Gudjohnsen/Keita-Iniesta/Messi-Eto'o-Henry

I want Eto'o, Messi and Iniesta to score.

Evil

Shabazz
Really missing Marquez, Alves and Abidal.... Manchester has a little edge due to our defense. I hope Sylvinho, Pique, Toure, Puyol do a great job in restricting mancs from entering our half line.

All Barca need is attacking and stone-wall defense. Possession is the key!

Valdes, Pique, Sylvinho, Puyol, Toure/Xavi-Gudjohnsen/Keita-Iniesta/Messi-Eto'o-Henry

I want Eto'o, Messi and Iniesta to score.

You make it sound so easy ! :p

Home of Barca Fans