Defense against Manchester United

defense against Manchester United?

• Total voters

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Caceres-Puyol-Pique-Keita

Is our best option. Sylvinho will get roasted bad. Puyol has to be in the middle to lead and Yaya is too important at DM, he can own them and that is were we can take the match. Trust, Keits has all the attributes to excel at LB. Martin's concentration wont be found out at full back and he has pace and tackling ability required.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Oh my god.. you guys kidding me? Keita as a fullback? why not Eto'o he does seem to have pace and he's not scoring much recently?!

He did help out there a bit when we had an injured player or and a forced substitution to make but to play him there full time against Cristiano Ronaldo you must be out your mind? whats the use of our most experienced and dedicated player then? (sylvinho)

didn't you all see how well Sylvinho played when abidal was injured for 2 months?

and i think our midfield is Strong with Keita in the middle, alongside Basquets it'll be even stronger. With Xavi pulling strings behind the front three.

beef-supreme

Oh my god.. you guys kidding me? Keita as a fullback? why not Eto'o he does seem to have pace and he's not scoring much recently?!

He did help out there a bit when we had an injured player or and a forced substitution to make but to play him there full time against Cristiano Ronaldo you must be out your mind? whats the use of our most experienced and dedicated player then? (sylvinho)

didn't you all see how well Sylvinho played when abidal was injured for 2 months?

and i think our midfield is Strong with Keita in the middle, alongside Basquets it'll be even stronger. With Xavi pulling strings behind the front three.

Hey, not a half bad idea actually :lol:

On a serious note, I think that we need to put Yaya in the middle, he needs to play as a DM. Now if that happens, then in all likelihood it will be Busquets who partners him in midfield. This would mean that Keita is on the bench - so he is either benched, or placed elsewhere, and that place could be at fullback, where we have serious shortcomings.

However, I would still play Puyol - Piqué - Cáceres - Sylvinho
I wouldn't play Cáceres at RB because he hasn't played a single match there for us. And Puyol's been shaky in CB. So why not achieve two things at once and swap them around. As for LB, Sylvinho should be fine hopefully, because he can make up for the crossing that we will lack with Alves' suspension, and also as you so rightly pointed out, he did play alright when Abidal was injured.

PaulFCB

Banned
Sylvinho - Pique - Caceres - Puyol or maybe if Pepe just doesn't trust Caceres then: Sylvinho - Pique - Keita - Puyol and I mean IMO we need Yaya in the middle!

Heath Newton

where's the "better be good" option.......:p

well,i've got my fingers crossed that they'll need to be good anyway :$

fwiw i think you'll play

puyol - toure - pique - silvinho

jairzinho

Are you satisfied with Toure as CB or you wanna see Caseres in first team this time?

After seeing yaya against chelski and bilbao...i have to say that i have confidence in him more than ever to play at the back...and i think pep will play him with pique as he is not confident enough to play Caceres....lets see how things go till the final

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don`t think even Pep knows who will play. It`s Sylvinho or Caceres at LB. (Considering we had defensive Abidal at LB, it could be Caceres). Maybe, he`ll surprise us all with Victor Sanchez on RB and move Puyol to LB. You never know with Pep. Even Keita at LB doesn`t sound too bad.

jairzinho

I don`t think even Pep knows who will play. It`s Sylvinho or Caceres at LB. (Considering we had defensive Abidal at LB, it could be Caceres). Maybe, he`ll surprise us all with Victor Sanchez on RB and move Puyol to LB. You never know with Pep. Even Keita at LB doesn`t sound too bad.

Victor Sanchez at RB...? i doubt Pep will do that......might as well put Marty in the middle and play Puyol at RB.....Keita at LB is a doubt also...why should we play Keita in a position he has probably never played before when we have sylvinho on the bench ?

R10(FCB)

Crazy

Sanchez in CL final? i know that you just kidding now :)

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
He hasn't got the trust in Caceres to field him against Athletic Bilbao in the Copa Del Rey final and fielding Toure in CB paid off in that match, let alone fielding Caceres in a CL Final when he played a bit rusty against Mallorca. Wake up poeple..

And if Puyol is not on the right.. who are we gonna play? he's the closest best thing to Dani.

No Soy Galáctico

Benny Blanco
Full back is the easiest position to adjust to, when you really need Toure in the midfield, why not play an unfamiliar at right back. then you're only adjust the position of one player rather two.

Home of Barca Fans