Sergio Busquets

Gaudi

He was never fast he was inteligent, but this is granny mode now. I'm not sure how long his passing will mask this, this could soon be a problem.

Rewatch Lyon goal again, this was so week I thought our players will start crying. First "header" from Busi that went like 20cm from him, then Roberto for some reason holding his head and crying and then comes the bully Rakitić with princess tackle straight from figure skating.

I don't like 3 workhorse mid but I liked Vidals energy, maybe we should try some new combo in midfield with a bit stronger DM.

BarçaBarça

I hope that he gets some rest next season due to De Jong playing at DM some times, and that it will help get the best out of him again.
He just isn't what he used to be.

BBZ8800

He was never fast he was inteligent, but this is granny mode now. I'm not sure how long his passing will mask this, this could soon be a problem.

Rewatch Lyon goal again, this was so week I thought our players will start crying. First "header" from Busi that went like 20cm from him, then Roberto for some reason holding his head and crying and then comes the bully Rakitić with princess tackle straight from figure skating.

I don't like 3 workhorse mid but I liked Vidals energy, maybe we should try some new combo in midfield with a bit stronger DM.

True.
I guess that people don't shit on him as much as they do on Rakitic, due to Busi's history and his passing ability.

Yesterday, he was horrible in defending.
Slow like granny.
Granny tackles.
Granny running.
And that granny header for 2:1.

A lot of times yesterday he was caught in a no man's land in defending.
Too many times he couldn't catch our opponents.
And his tackles were too slow, too late, too weak.
I won't even mention too many of his overconfident and missed, unneeded passes (in dangerous areas for counters) to please the crowd.

If you guys want to turn the page and play with new young guys in the next season, I don't see why is Busi supposed to be a starter anymore.

Busi is good in La liga, at Camp Nou, against Mickey Mouse bottom table teams, where we need to pass and keep the ball for 90 minutes.

Against stronger and faster teams, I would dare to say that he is a bigger liability than Rakitic.

Sunny Mir

Something i have noticed this season is that he will run like a headless chicken to press up the field and when the opposition get past him and into the hole that he left behind he'll just look and put his arm up, complain and then try to come back.

BBZ8800

Something i have noticed this season is that he will run like a headless chicken to press up the field and when the opposition get past him and into the hole that he left behind he'll just look and put his arm up, complain and then try to come back.

And talking to a ref and asking for a foul whenever someone touches him.

Plus yesterday a few times, when the opponents were faster than him, he tried to pull them with arms or made sliding tackles from a behind.

But in majority of cases, he was so slow that he couldn't even pull them from behind with his arms.

He was so slow that he couldn't even earn a yellow card.

Sunny Mir

And talking to a ref and asking for a foul whenever someone touches him.

Plus yesterday a few times, when the opponents were faster than him, he tried to pull them with arms or made sliding tackles from a behind.

But in majority of cases, he was so slow that he couldn't even pull them from behind with his arms.

He was so slow that he couldn't even earn a yellow card.

Sad but true.

EdmondDantes

True.
I guess that people don't shit on him as much as they do on Rakitic, due to Busi's history and his passing ability.

Yesterday, he was horrible in defending.
Slow like granny.
Granny tackles.
Granny running.
And that granny header for 2:1.

A lot of times yesterday he was caught in a no man's land in defending.
Too many times he couldn't catch our opponents.
And his tackles were too slow, too late, too weak.
I won't even mention too many of his overconfident and missed, unneeded passes (in dangerous areas for counters) to please the crowd.

If you guys want to turn the page and play with new young guys in the next season, I don't see why is Busi supposed to be a starter anymore.

Busi is good in La liga, at Camp Nou, against Mickey Mouse bottom table teams, where we need to pass and keep the ball for 90 minutes.

Against stronger and faster teams, I would dare to say that he is a bigger liability than Rakitic.

On the goal we conceded, the first thing the commentator said after seeing the replay was that Rakitic should have done a lot better on his half arsed challenge for that second ball. So I think it's only fair to follow up 'Busquets' granny header' with Rakitic's granny challenge for the goal, and come to the conclusion that both were at least equally to blame. No reason to exempt Ivan there.

BBZ8800

On the goal we conceded, the first thing the commentator said after seeing the replay was that Rakitic should have done a lot better on his half arsed challenge for that second ball. So I think it's only fair to follow up 'Busquets' granny header' with Rakitic's granny challenge for the goal, and come to the conclusion that both were at least equally to blame. No reason to exempt Ivan there.

Lol.
Nothing can beat a reaction of Busquets.
In a video, you can see that (s)he is obviously hurt from that challenge:
1. (s)he needed to make a few steps, it hurts when you are a granny.
2. (s)he needed to jump. Try to jump when you are a granny.
3. (s)he needed to kick the ball with her head. Old ladies don't do those things.
4. plus, a rude young gentlemen from Lyon on her back pushed her, which is not nice towards the old ladies.

Barca has now conceded 3 goals from 3 different teams in their last 4 CL knockout rounds ties (goals conceded by Lyon, Roma, Juventus).
The last time when Barca scored a KO round goal after a corner, I really have no idea when that happened.
Probably in 1998 or something.

Also, in the action when we conceded a goal, we lost 3 aerial duels in 10 seconds:
Lenglet, fouled to some extent
Roberto being touched and dying right away on a field
Busi, forced to jump and touch the ball with his head
Ok, and Rakitic's granny tackle with feet after that.

But the aerial strength and an aerial chemistry of our defense in that action and in overall was really something for admire to:

Last edited:

Messi983

Why are you blaming our players for conceding a goal that shouldn't stand if refs would do their job? There was a clear foul on Lenglet.

Giginho75

Player too much important for us...

He "sees" the play;
has talent and cleverness;
almost always solves difficult situations among the opponents with calm and class;
Recovers a lot of balls.

In the game of wednesday he plays well.
I don't understand why he has to play always in outstanding way when Barca doesn't need.

Great pass for Leo for 3-1.

Givenchy

worried about Busi.. hes not so silky smooth anymore getting out of pressure and its been that way many times lately

Home of Barca Fans