Sergio Busquets

fergus90

The reality is we look much better without him at the moment. I’m not saying he’s finished but he’s been shit recently. Tonight was a dead rubber but can’t afford him to play like this later in the season.

Last edited:

Hardy

him in defensive transition

01.gif

clemente

I think football is just evolving, every top team has a pacewhore midfield now. So you either play the pep way and use Busquets correctly, or he is too much of a liability defensively.

fergus90

I think football is just evolving, every top team has a pacewhore midfield now. So you either play the pep way and use Busquets correctly, or he is too much of a liability defensively.

I agree, however even Pep uses defensive midfielders with a bit of pace now. Fernandinho is like Bolt in comparison to Busquets.

pregra

Love what he has done for the club but I’ll be seriously pissed if he is a starter next season. For each good game he has 5 mediocre ones.

Ursegor

World Champion
Absolute horrorshow again. Went to "press" numerous times today only for a ball to be played in the space he was supposed to be in.

Certain players have certain abilities attributed to them. Like "Busquets = intelligent". It's a cliché. How many times does he run up the field to press mindlessly on his own when it's not on?

BusiTheKing

Actually we can, and many clubs employ this tactic. Tottenham for example in their old stadium.

In all honesty, I really think our current team might fare better on a smaller pitch. The size of Camp Nou gives us a big disadvantage defensively and we hardly use it for much going forward.

xXKonan

He's a Barca Legend, but I cannot believe we gave him yet another contract extension with a pay raise despite him already getting a deal a year ago. :facepalm:

Home of Barca Fans