Sergio Busquets

clemente

Sucks to see the disrespect towards this legend, how do admins allow these trolls to spam this garbage? Is there even admins/mods on this forum?

Androutsos

Every time I come into this thread I am dumbstruck at the amount of stupidity that I read about one of the greatest players in our history.

Barcilliant

It's not disrespect it's the truth.
Suarez and Busquets have declined. If they had any self respect they would either warm the bench or move to another club.

FCB1987

Banned
Every discussion about Busquets always turns into some complex sort of moral debate about anything other than Busquets himself. For example, if someone says something like Kante is better than Busquets, people always seem to take it as him saying that physicality should be prioritized over technique or that we need to give up our system and be more direct. Nevermind that Pep has by far played the best and most "Barca like" football in Europe over the past year with a very non Busquets pivot in Fernandinho.

It seems like there's never a debate about how much of an impact Busquets actually has in matches or what would happen if he was replaced by a new signing or another player. People have been complaining about the quality of our midfield constantly for years so maybe it's worth considering the possibility that the player at the heart of that midfield isn't as influential as we thought? I'm not convinced or saying that we should drop or replace Busquets but I'm not as sure of his importance to the team as I once was.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Every discussion about Busquets always turns into some complex sort of moral debate about anything other than Busquets himself. For example, if someone says something like Kante is better than Busquets, people always seem to take it as him saying that physicality should be prioritized over technique or that we need to give up our system and be more direct. Nevermind that Pep has by far played the best and most "Barca like" football in Europe over the past year with a very non Busquets pivot in Fernandinho.

It seems like there's never a debate about how much of an impact Busquets actually has in matches or what would happen if he was replaced by a new signing or another player. People have been complaining about the quality of our midfield constantly for years so maybe it's worth considering the possibility that the player at the heart of that midfield isn't as influential as we thought? I'm not convinced or saying that we should drop or replace Busquets but I'm not as sure of his importance to the team as I once was.
Bravo!! 😃

Someone gets it. Busquets impact is just not there. Whether it's offence or defence. We have to evolve. The game is faster, teams press more and dms have to cover alot more ground at a quicker pace. Even Pep has evolved. City swing in alot of crosses from the wings and vary their play.

This club and some of the fans are still stuck in 2011. Hopefully we draw a team like Liverpool, City in Cl group stage. Watch Busquets gt exposed.... Yet again.

RMU ReBorn

Kante has been better than him since 2015-16. It's not even up for debate . Still people live in a world were Busquets is more important to Barca than Messi , which was never the case even during Pep days . Busquets was a monster created by Pep and has declined over the years and our board is gonna give him a lucrative contract till 2023 . :facepalm:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If you're certain that something is true, you want it to become apparent, so that the problem can be adressed.

The point is that they have no proof at all. When Busi has a good run of games, they go back to hiding in the weeds until he has a bad game again (usually when the team as a whole plays poorly as well). It's the same with every player we have, hell, even Messi isn't immune from this bullshit.

SeloBarca

Cant believe there are people that are throwing crap on Busquetes.
Hes been one of the most important, crucial players in Barcelona for a better part of the 2000s.
Sure, he has not been as good the last couple of years, but hes still top 3 CDMs in the world.
Imo hes still the best.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Kante has been better than him since 2015-16. It's not even up for debate . Still people live in a world were Busquets is more important to Barca than Messi , which was never the case even during Pep days . Busquets was a monster created by Pep and has declined over the years and our board is gonna give him a lucrative contract till 2023 . :facepalm:

That's too much. We really shouldn't extend his contract at all.

ASordidGod

Busquets is not a cm, and asking him to play high up the pitch like last season is just asking for trouble. As a def mid however he's still the best, certainly for a team trying to play out from the back, who get pressed a lot. Hell, Fernandinho at City is their biggest weakness imo, because he's too careless in possession, he gets caught too easily under pressure. As would Kante if he played as sole pivot in a footballing team.

I honestly don't understand the lack of appreciation for Busquets, I really don't. And I'm not talking about ancient history, I'm talking about NOW. His calmness, his composure, bravery on the ball, it's absolutely crucial for a team hoping to play proactive football. Yes he could do with pace around him, yes he gets caught sometimes (what def mid doesn't?), but that's Valverde's fault more than his. Every player has weaknesses, it's up to the manager to impose a system which minimises them. Last season Barca's exposed Busquets to the point of cruelty. However if we play 433 this year consistently I'm confident we'll see him back to his best. Hell, even when he's not at his best, last year against Real for example, when we won, the second goal I think it was, you think any other player in that position would have the bravery, the ability, to do what he does? You think Kante could do that? Casemiro? Hell, I've seen people on here saying Rakitic, Rakitic!?, is better than him as a def mid these days; you think Rakitic would have done what Busquets did? Nope. Uh, uh. If that's Rakitic the ball goes back nice and safe, we don't score the crucial second goal, and well who knows what happens after that.

Be thankful for what you've got while you still have it, would be my advice to the Busquets-haters. You'll miss him sorely when he's gone, I guarantee it.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans