Sergio Busquets

Sorin

Rakitic was the same shit. In fact, Rakitic was clearly worse in the build up while being the same defensive liability as Busi.

While Busi wasn't missed because his level has been bad, playing Rakitic is not the solution. The ideal situation should be with FdJ as the starter and Busi as his sub, or if Valverde doesn't have the balls to bench Busi, then Frenkie should always be used as the cdm in his absence. Not Rakitic, since we're just exchanging a bad player with an even worse one in that position.

It's like saying Alba's absence wasn't an issue because we won last night. It completely misses the point.

Last edited:

Andrew M

But you could see how Alba would improve upon Firpo whereas I don't think Busi would have improved the game. I'm not saying Raki is the solution, however

Sorin

But you could see how Alba would improve upon Firpo whereas I don't think Busi would have improved the game. I'm not saying Raki is the solution, however

Did you see our transition from defence to the midfield? It was atrocious. While Busquets is no longer the one of 6 years ago, he can still read the game, position himself and pass the ball better than Rakitic. Both are defensive liabilities.

Rakitic is still suited more as a CM and not as a CDM.

pregra

Madness the way he is pressing way infront of the other two midfielders. Opponents blow past him every single time.

Also, when was the last time he made a classic Busi pass between the lines? Must be at least a couple of seasons, no?

Sorin

His only use at this point is to warm the bench and let the better players rest against the first CdR opponents and the bottom half la liga teams.

Sad end of career. He should take Xavi's and Iniesta's example and honorably bow out at the end of the season.

FinBarcelonafan

Madness the way he is pressing way infront of the other two midfielders. Opponents blow past him every single time.

Also, when was the last time he made a classic Busi pass between the lines? Must be at least a couple of seasons, no?

2-1 goal he made great pass to Messi. Otherwise not good enough. He is a dinosaur in modern football.

Sorin

I have this new theory. Forget the days of "buskets should be a bench player". This guy is not good enough anymore for the bench.

You do need depth for injuries, dead rubber games, cannon fodders and all that, that's all he's good for these days.

For his salary though, it's a no brainer that he should leave.

Richard.H

Just not a good performance. Just not fully there in the match physically. He will get destroyed if we face a physical side in the UCL. I hope EV gives more chances to Alena and Vidal

Home of Barca Fans