Sergio Busquets

RIZALDINHO

Busquets is the best defensive midfielder ever. he is a brilliant footballer to watch and he is the probably the 3rd most important player at barca after messi and iniesta he is does not get the credit he deserves.

Ursegor

World Champion
I thought he had a MOTM performance. His disguised passes through the lines that reach Messi are unbelievable.

Had to laugh when he found himself on the left flank at some point for whatever reason (maybe after a corner) and then he still managed a pin point cross to Messi when it didn't even look obvious.

Messi must love playing with him.

gatsu

He definitely is more important than Iniesta. No question about that. If Messi is the source of energy fueling the machine that is Barça. Busquets is all the precise engeneering supporting it.

BerkeleyBernie

He definitely is more important than Iniesta. No question about that. If Messi is the source of energy fueling the machine that is Barça. Busquets is all the precise engeneering supporting it.

Even back in Pep's Barça, Busquets was one of three key players whose absence was most felt:

Messi
Xavi
Busquets​

When any of those three were off the field, the game wasn't anywhere near the same level. All three are footballing geniuses.

Neimax

Even back in Pep's Barça, Busquets was one of three key players whose absence was most felt:

Messi
Xavi
Busquets​

When any of those three were off the field, the game wasn't anywhere near the same level. All three are footballing geniuses.

Absolutely not true, I think you haven‘t witnessed the Pep days back then. I tend to say that Iniesta was even the most influental one. They were unbeaten for nearly 60 games when Iniesta was on the field ;)

Gilberto

Absolutely not true, I think you haven‘t witnessed the Pep days back then. I tend to say that Iniesta was even the most influental one. They were unbeaten for nearly 60 games when Iniesta was on the field ;)

Being unbeaten with a particular player on the pitch says nothing (*ahem cough* André Gomes *AHEM cough cough*). PSV Eindhoven player Joshua Brenet (quite average) went unbeaten for 53 league games. Stats like this are a coincidence more than anything. Not to say Iniesta isn't a world class player but you get the point.

Neimax

Being unbeaten with a particular player on the pitch says nothing (*ahem cough* André Gomes *AHEM cough cough*). PSV Eindhoven player Joshua Brenet (quite average) went unbeaten for 53 league games. Stats like this are a coincidence more than anything. Not to say Iniesta isn't a world class player but you get the point.

Come on it‘s not only about the streak I mentioned, but it‘s absolute nonsense to say that Iniesta wasn‘t one of the three most infuential players in the team. Busi, Xavi and Messi are all amazing, but this team wouldn‘t habe had that success without Iniesta, he was the player that took the team to another level, so don‘t come up with such nonsense. This group of players where all very Important (also Puyol, Piqué, Alves, Valdes....) but to say Iniesta wasn‘t among the most important is simply brainless nonsense 😄

Catta

It isn't nonsense when he is compared to Messi, Xavi and Busi. Iniesta is a world class player, a true great, but both Xavi and Messi are a level above him, those 2 are for me the 2 best players i have watched, the 2 greatest of all times. Iniesta is in the class of Busi, but still far away from the other 2 geniuses.

Gilberto

Come on it‘s not only about the streak I mentioned, but it‘s absolute nonsense to say that Iniesta wasn‘t one of the three most infuential players in the team. Busi, Xavi and Messi are all amazing, but this team wouldn‘t habe had that success without Iniesta, he was the player that took the team to another level, so don‘t come up with such nonsense. This group of players where all very Important (also Puyol, Piqué, Alves, Valdes....) but to say Iniesta wasn‘t among the most important is simply brainless nonsense

I think you're missing my point. All I'm saying is that coincidentally, it can happen that a not so good player randomly ends up on a large unbeaten run.

Home of Barca Fans