Sergio Busquets

LABarcaFan

Which is why it's very important to add that quality 3rd midfielder. That player will push Busi out and allow De Jong to play in his natural position. Unless Setien shows he has a thing for Busi.

If you add that 3rd midfielder, what exactly are going to be his functions? You realize that Messi is playing as an attacking midfield, right? So do you want to add another AM or DM? I would love to see Busy on the bench and have someone like Kante or Ndidi partnering FDJ.

Andresito

Staff member
If you add that 3rd midfielder, what exactly are going to be his functions? You realize that Messi is playing as an attacking midfield, right? So do you want to add another AM or DM? I would love to see Busy on the bench and have someone like Kante or Ndidi partnering FDJ.

You realize a team can have one more attacking magician right? Especially with Messi on the team who's always tightly marked.
Would relieve so much pressure off of Messi's shoulders if some other player could get some attention from the opponents.

JamDav1982

Awful again.

Slows game down and is beyond a joke defensively.

But he 'cant work out' why Barca never got three points.

The older bunch of players at Barca are the most deluded in world football.

fergus90

It's funny because most casual fans and commentators talk like Busquets is still prime Busquets from 2010-2015. All I see now is a slow, ponderous, mediocre player who no longer suits modern football.

He absolutely is a club legend, yet is playing solely on name now.

FinBarcelonafan

It's funny because most casual fans and commentators talk like Busquets is still prime Busquets from 2010-2015. All I see now is a slow, ponderous, mediocre player who no longer suits modern football.

He absolutely is a club legend, yet is playing solely on name now.

Yes. He still has couple genius moves here and there but the overall play is just not good enough. Same goes for Raki, Suarez etc. Every player seems to lack in the movement department.

JamDav1982

my eyes bleed when i see this guy attempt to run to stop a counuter. i genuinely think he is slower than pique

Not just Pique.

He is significantly slower than the referees when both are trying to keep up with play.

So used to seeing him, Rakitic and Vidal the likes of Puig and Roberto look like on fast forward when in midfield.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He went from massively underrated to ridiculously overrated. Yeah, casual fans and pundits that watch him once a month at best still think he is the same octopus he had been years before.

Tackle

He went from massively underrated to ridiculously overrated. Yeah, casual fans and pundits that watch him once a month at best still think he is the same octopus he had been years before.

It always like that with players of Busi's nature whose best qualities don't show up on the stat sheet. Criminally underrated for a while until/if their club finally wins something. After which point the pundits start raving about their genius like they had known about it all along and they become the best thing since sliced bread.

These players maintain their status regardless of their actual quality as long as their club/national teams are still having success. It is inferred they are still a big part of the team's good fortunes.

Kante (though he is still quality) and Modric are good recent examples.

xXKonan

To Sum up all faucets of his game today.

UnfoldedFirsthandGecko-max-1mb.gif

Home of Barca Fans