Sergio Busquets

FCBfan22

Excuse me?

:paulinho::andre:

Two world class replacements right there, we won't even notice the difference.

Really though, how dumb can Valverde be to play Busi on painkillers in the league where we have an 11 point lead? Busi and Pique seem to to have these nagging injuries forever since our coward manager is afraid to rest them.

:gomes: pivot against Celta?

That's going to be fun...

Real talk, if only didn't Oriol get injured. I think he would play tomorrow. But it's Valverde, so Gomes it is in any case.

Last edited:

clemente

So what that he plays? We play on rest mode now anyway, its just all preparing for the WC now, and even if it was that bad for him he could just tell Valverde that he won't play, nobody is gonna force him.

Barcilliant

He needs to be either replaced or benched. He needs competition for sure.

With no Iniesta and Xavi I am pretty sure his play will get even worse. Plus he's a liability in the big cl games. No strength, no stamina.

Raketa10

According to Sport he wants a bigger contract and he already earns 14 mil per season! If this is true I am truly disappointed in him. He didn’t play well at all this year, Rakitic had a much better season and Busi is also turning 30 in one month. He has a buyout of 200 mill so if someone wants to pay that amount of money for him I honestly don’t care anymore. I would never increase his salary. He was fantastic in that pivot role in 4-3-3 with Xavi and Iniesta but in this system (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1) he is absolutely replaceable for 200 mil.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...tomeu-for-improved-deal-or-a-transfer-6814632

Last edited:

gr98

According to Sport he wants a bigger contract and he already earns 14 mil per season! If this is true I am truly disappointed in him. He didn’t play well at all this year, Rakitic had a much better season and Busi is also turning 30 in one month. He has a buyout of 200 mill so if someone wants to pay that amount of money for him I honestly don’t care anymore. I would never increase his salary. He was fantastic in that pivot role in 4-3-3 with Xavi and Iniesta but in this system (4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1) he is absolutely replaceable for 200 mil.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...tomeu-for-improved-deal-or-a-transfer-6814632

Imagine shamelessly typing that out :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Raketa10

Imagine shamelessly typing that out :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ok point out ONE thing that’s wrong in what I have just written. First of all he is one of the best earners in this team. Secondly he is still a great player but he is not on the level he was and that’s a fact. Partially because he is older now and partially because we have changed our system of playing.

Was he fantastic this season? Does he deserve more than 14 mil while he has contract for 3 more years? Is he playing on the level he was playing during Xavi and Iniesta era? Or do you honestly think he is worth 200 mil right now? I am sick of that “you can’t say anything bad about Busi” in this forum. He is not on the level he was anymore, he has contract for 3 more years and if he wants more money I would NEVER give it to him. Period!

Last edited:

henias

Rakitic better than Busquets? Rakitic is great but you cannot do without a CDM like Busquets.

Also, the 442 is stifling Busquets. He plays so much better against Villarreal where he could distribute the ball more dominantly without having to side pass too much.

Busquets and Iniesta both suffered alot under Valverde. It doesnt mean they are old or should be sold. They just cant play with this sort of setup with their attribute.

Raketa10

Rakitic better than Busquets? Rakitic is great but you cannot do without a CDM like Busquets.

Also, the 442 is stifling Busquets. He plays so much better against Villarreal where he could distribute the ball more dominantly without having to side pass too much.

Busquets and Iniesta both suffered alot under Valverde. It doesnt mean they are old or should be sold. They just cant play with this sort of setup with their attribute.

I never said that Rakitic is better player than Busquets I specifically said that he had a better season. For me it’s totally out of the place to request a bigger salary at the moment with 3 more years left on his contract.

Last edited:

Andrew M

Ok point out ONE thing that’s wrong in what I have just written. First of all he is one of the best earners in this team. Secondly he is still a great player but he is not on the level he was and that’s a fact. Partially because he is older now and partially because we have changed our system of playing.

Was he fantastic this season? Does he deserve more than 14 mil while he has contract for 3 more years? Is he playing on the level he was playing during Xavi and Iniesta era? Or do you honestly think he is worth 200 mil right now? I am sick of that “you can’t say anything bad about Busi” in this forum. He is not on the level he was anymore, he has contract for 3 more years and if he wants more money I would NEVER give it to him. Period!

I wholeheartedly agree with you. If this is true, Busquets needs a good slapping. It's not even 2 years since he renewed, and he must know our wage bill is very high. Maybe Umtiti's been giving him some advice on how squeeze out a few more cents? Rakitic has been better than him this season also.

It's also much easier to dominate the ball when the opponent just sits off on the edge of their box for most of the match

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Fuck me sideways... In what way was Rakitic better than Busquets?

Busquets made more interceptions, made more tackles, made more passes, higher dribbling percentage, won more duels, drew more fouls. He also the link to Messi in this double pivot system...

All this in a double pivot system that he struggles with.

Some of you need to get your minds read. Seriously. Busquets is pivotal (pun intended) to our possession, winning the ball back and soaking up pressure.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans