Sergio Busquets

Messigician

He clearly can't play 2 matches a week. And him and Rakitic shouldn't play together. Everybody can see that except the guy calling the shots

Ummmm except they can. They're not exactly old either of them and in their prime.

When playing 4-3-3 for it to be successful the midfield need to fulfill 3 important roles.

The first is an advanced playmaker to drive forward and create chances which is what Iniesta did for us and the role Coutunho can fulfill so we have that covered.

The next is a supporting deep playing playmaker who helps out in the attack but also helps control the tempo of the game.This is what Xavi did and what Arthur and Rakitic do.

Lastly we have a defensive mid like Busquets who also controls the tempo of the game but sits in front of the defence rarely supporting attacks but breaks up play.

Busquets and Rakitic do not have the same roles anand Rakitic is not a defensive mid he is a deeplying playmaker.

With Mascherano gone we have no one who can play CDM, Vidal is a box to box mid like Paulinho and is unique in that respect.

The mids we have to play successful are as follows

Coutinho/Vidal Rakitic/Arthur
Busquets

Abd that is not up for debate, the people saying Busquets and Rakitic cannot play together do not understand football like we do.

pregra

Absolute gosh against England, like the rest of the spanish team.

Is there a slower player in world football? Does anyone remember Ballesteros, the old Levante captain?? I’d bet he could beat Busquets in a foot race.

Andresito

Staff member

Is there a slower player in world football? Does anyone remember Ballesteros, the old Levante captain?? I’d bet he could beat Busquets in a foot race.

[youtube]a5WaJFNsDjY[/youtube]

Who are you talking about?

xXKonan

Cesc is slower than Busi is and hell even Rakitic is a contender for that one as well. :lol:

BBZ8800

When he sucks for Spain, at least people can't complain that it is because of EV.

He sucks because he sucks, due to his age and pace.

Raketa10

Unfortunately without Xavi and Iniesta his playing style has basically no purpose in modern football. And some people are saying we don't need De Jong. :facepalm:

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

When he sucks for Spain, at least people can't complain that it is because of EV.

He sucks because he sucks, due to his age and pace.

This. He is getting exploited by any player with speed. If we lose the ball and Busquest is our defensive midfielder we are in huge trouble.

Zidane82

He's actually much faster than Rakitic who's the slowest player in our squad ( including the three keepers !) .,.,

raki

Unfortunately without Xavi and Iniesta his playing style has basically no purpose in modern football. And some people are saying we don't need De Jong. :facepalm:

If Busquets is so bad than sell him and buy frenkie hype. Easy.
City would pay huge money for Busi.

eaman

This. He is getting exploited by any player with speed. If we lose the ball and Busquest is our defensive midfielder we are in huge trouble.

Well most defensive midfielders will get exploited now and again by players with speed. Casemeiro or kante would have been no different in that Spanish team tonight. The defence were at fault for those goals mainly. A few direct balls and they were caught out

Barcilliant

I've been saying it for the past three years. He's bench material at best. Noone in Barca has the balls to bench all these guys. Busquets, Pique and Suarez are past it. They cannot be starters anymore.

Unless you have guys who have complete control over the midfield like Xaviesta Busquets will always struggle.

Messigician

I've been saying it for the past three years. He's bench material at best. Noone in Barca has the balls to bench all these guys. Busquets, Pique and Suarez are past it. They cannot be starters anymore.

Unless you have guys who have complete control over the midfield like Xaviesta Busquets will always struggle.

Hmmm could you show me where Busquets struggled against Tottenham? Or maybe we watched a different game...

Raketa10

If Busquets is so bad than sell him and buy frenkie hype. Easy.
City would pay huge money for Busi.

I would not sell him but let's be honest here he is not on the level he was and even if he was our way of playing changed significantly. He excels in the role he played when both Xavi and Iniesta were here and he is undoubtedly best in the world for that role. On the other hand, nowadays without those two, when we struggle to dominate ball possession it would be much more useful to have a player who is faster in transition and can contribute more in attack and defense.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans