Sergio Busquets

Xaviniesta

Thank god Valverde won't go for that, it looks like such a boring midfield. FdJ in the Netherlands and Ajax always plays alongside a more defensive midfielder, because it gives him the license to utilise his great skillsets: driving the ball forward and dictating the game through passing. FdJ and Arthur should compete for the same spot, the "Xavi position", and the 3rd spot should be occupied by an actual attacking midfielder. Busquets should be replaced by actual DM, not FdJ. There are good options out there, Thomas Delaney or Axel Witsel would be good short term options to phase out Busquets while we look for a long term successor.

That's how our midfield should look, none of the defensive shit or midfield occupied by players of extremely similar profiles (Arthur and FdJ) - making it redundant. Midfields should be balanced, versatile, and dynamic. At least my idea of a midfield should be.

I'm willing to try out Vidal, FdJ, and 3rd attacking midfielder would be a decent option. Unfortunately this club seems to think it no longer has any needs for attacking midfielders. I'm hoping by some weird miracle Vidal, Fdj, and Coutinho works out. Coutinho needs to develop a midfielder's ability in positional awareness and defending and not be shit for that to happen ://

Please don't yell out Alena or Riqui Puig, they're not good enough yet.

im being realistic here. Doubt we’re signing another midfielder and I doubt Coutinho will be played at midfield either. He’s probably being sold.

I am in favor of a Griezmann - De Jong - Vidal midfield but I doubt Griezmann can player there

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Vidal is not suited for DCM, Busi and Rakitic are better there, more discipline and accuracy. Vidal is better as an attacking mid or box to box mid, where he can play with a bit more high risk, high reward. I could see Vidal-De Jong-Arther working if FDJ and Arthur develop really good chemistry in terms of who move forward and who protects the back 4, with Vidal the most forward of the 3 on the pitch. But Vidal at his age isn't a 90 minute match to match player--but splitting some of that time (e.g., like Busi to finish out of a lead, or Coutinho or Alena if you need an extra attacking player) is fine.

Co0ter

If Neymar comes the only lineup that will suit close to all our stars is Neymar-Messi-Dembele with Griezman behind Messi then Arthur and Frenkie. To me Suarez and Busquets are the odd men out....considering Coutinho and Rakitic were sold to fund Neymar.

CatalinR10

was constantly watching last days some highlights from random games from 2012-2015.

My god this guy was absolutelly extraordinary. I don't even believe he's 25% the player he was anymore.

Him and Rakitic will cost us big time this season , just like last seasons.

SMH.

abbbs97

big mistake to not have sold him already and gotten Rodri to replace him. this guy is finito.
and lol at people who think Pep would take Busquets over Rodri right now. Busi should just stay in Japan and join with Iniesta and David Villa.

Tekkers

that was a rakitic-esque mistake. i thought it was fatigue last season, but now it seems like his bad influence is finally rubbing off on busquets

abbbs97

I hate Rakitic but he has nothing to do with Busquets' bad form these past 2 seasons. He is slow, old and absolutely done. No other way around it. A competent board would've sold him when his value was still high and gotten someone else to replace him.
Only reason he's still here is because he's a La Masia player. Same goes with Roberto.

EdmondDantes

It's sad to see since Sergio is one of my all-time favourite players but Valverde is setting him up to fail, even if unintentionally. Busquets and Rakitic cannot coexist in the same midfield.

Busi needs technique and movement beside him now that he's older, Rakitic is the exact opposite of that. It's going to be Anfield/Liverpool all season long again.

Home of Barca Fans