Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 10052

Thread: 5 - Sergio Busquets

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    The Nicola Tesla of football.
    No he is Borden . You need to watch the game closely to realize his greatness

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBernie View Post
    I love Iniesta, of course. And Pique, Puyol, and Alves all also important to a team that was about teamwork. But the three players I mentioned uniquely defined their positions on the field and made this tactical system possible.* There was/is no one else able to perform the roles they defined. You take any of them off the field, the system no longer existed- a variation, but nothing close. You could feel the rhythm go out of the game if they were out with injury or simply subbed off. Iniesta is also brilliant, and, combined with the others, devastatingly effective, but his position was not as crucial to be filled by him specifically.

*Alves also fits this criterion of uniquely definitely his role, but also not as crucial as the other three to make the system function. My ranking of importance to the system:

Xavi
    Messi
    Busquets
    Alves
    Iniesta
    Valdes
    Alba would be right up there in top 5 by the end of his career , if he is used properly .

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Iniesta is in the class of Busi, but still far away from the other 2 geniuses.
    Doesn't feel right when you say it.

Messi is clearly class of his own, but for me, Xavi and Iniesta enter the same class. Both of them brilliant, Xavi with quite a unique skill set - but Iniesta more of a clutch player. You may argue Xavi's better, but not by much, nor 'far away' from the later.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xavi was more important to the system . Without him Barca wouldn't tick. Skillfully Iniesta is the best spanish player ever .

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Aye regular phrase that....

Never claimed Pep replicated Barca 08-12 quite clearly said has never managed to replicate Messi.

Try harder if going to attempt to act smug.

In many aspects in terms of dominating the ball in midfield he has got fairly close to what Barca did.
    If you believe the only difference to Pep's coaching during Barca and after Barca was Messi then why do you enter the other thread with such a strong opinion how it's "fucking crazy" to think of Bayern being well coached in 3 semi-finals. Other than attention-seeking. If Pep did not coach well in 3 consecutive semi-finals he did not replicate Barca, even if you say "bar Messi". I know Messi is your jail out card here but 2 CLs in 3 years as well as being considered the greatest club side ever and "not being well coached in 3 semi-finals" is not just about Messi.

Banned

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    If you believe the only difference to Pep's coaching during Barca and after Barca was Messi then why do you enter the other thread with such a strong opinion how it's "fucking crazy" to think of Bayern being well coached in 3 semi-finals. Other than attention-seeking. If Pep did not coach well in 3 consecutive semi-finals he did not replicate Barca, even if you say "bar Messi". I know Messi is your jail out card here but 2 CLs in 3 years and "not being well coached in 3 semi-finals" is not just about Messi.
    Never said the 'only difference is Messi' so keep up.

I said he has got fairly close to replicating the system in midfield etc but never had anyone like Messi.

Entered that thread as I do indeed think it is 'fucking crazy' to make out Pep coached those ties well and was unlucky.

Your the one attention seeking and trying to make some point you dont even understand.

Scurry along you boring fucker.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep did not coach well in 3 consecutive semi-finals but he replicated peak Barca's midfield performances, just "did not have someone do what Messi does".

It's sad you need this sort of attention on a football forum.

Banned

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    Pep did not coach well in 3 consecutive semi-finals but he replicated peak Barca's midfield performances, just "did not have someone do what Messi does".

It's sad you need this sort of attention on a football forum.
    Nope I said he got 'fairly close' to replicating the system he had at Barca with Bayern and City now but the one thing he has not been able to replicate is Messi.

Yes I think it is 'fucking crazy' if people try to make out Pep coached those ties well and Bayern were unlucky.

Glad that is cleared up.

Keep the attention coming I really do love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy may be more inportant than Messi. Tonight he wasnt on the bench. But playing mina and digne in central defense forced him to play often as a third CB. His absence from the core of the game really showed.

Banned

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always regarded Busqs as our most important player even above Messi - he's certainly my current fave Barca player and the times he isn't playing you can tell as our play is so disjointed .

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "More important than Messi".

Good one lads, carry on.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    "More important than Messi".

Good one lads, carry on.
    Hello Jamdav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current Barça is basically him and Messi. Thank god he showed his A game tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gatsu View Post
    Current Barça is basically him and Messi. Thank god he showed his A game tonight.
    Love how he let Willian put the ball on his right foot to score.

Banned

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pure genius .. My favourite Barca player ...